Boston - MA, WNWMAIP, One International Place, 02110-2600
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. (CSIA) is a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation and an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (CS&Co). This growing team of 30 dedicated investment professionals, with backgrounds ranging from quantitative financial research, investment manager due diligence, and portfolio management and trading, will have responsibility for managing Schwab Intelligent Portfolios (SIP). CSIA also conducts asset allocation research and performs manager research and evaluation of mutual funds, separate accounts, and ETFs for a variety of CS&Co products and services.
What you’ll do:
The Associate will provide support to the trading team to ensure that operations and trading are completed efficiently and accurately. Must be able to start work at 7AM to begin the morning data downloads and reconciliation of various custodians’ data between the in-house system and the custodians. The Associate will ensure the trading system (CRD) is updated and available for use at 9:30 EST as well as maintain data integrity within the portfolio accounting software (PortfolioCenter).
The Associate will also:
- Check prior day trades to ensure account compliance with model selection
- Label new accounts as well as perform daily/weekly checks to validate account labeling in PortfolioCenter
- Review custodian alerts and restrictions against internal systems
- Send trade confirms and assist with trade settlement for accounts traded using a DVP account.
- Work with trading and compliance to create and maintain procedures and documentation for trading/operations best practices.
- Support trading team with communication between trading partners and custodians during portfolio rebalancing.
- Assist with daily trade execution data analysis.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience at a financial firm desired, but not mandatory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent finance or math skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Must be highly ethical, reliable and trustworthy
- Interest in gaining knowledge about investment management
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||MA - Boston
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018