Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Managing Director, Systems Design Engineer. This is a senior management role overseeing all development activities for critical projects for Enterprise Middleware and Online Security. Responsibilities include leadership on new development and coordinating with key business and technology partners for that work. The work involves development and evolution of data and services to support these platforms. Development is Java, .Net, Angular and NoSql database.
What you’ll do:
You are an experienced technology manager accustomed to running large teams with a significant scope of responsibility. You have experience managing managers and architects. You are a senior and trusted leader for business and technology partners in helping drive effective decision making and delivery of projects. You have extensive experience managing development teams and a strong understanding in how to effectively manage production systems. You have managed in an Agile environment. You have been a developer or a dedicated technologist as an individual contributor in your career. You have a track record of hiring great talent and in delivering projects on time and on budget to expectations. You're seasoned and experienced in managing project and FOEX budgets. Your communications skills are excellent and you have the ability to inspire others to achieve greater goals.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of leading and managing IT teams, with project management, resource management, and offshore resource management capabilities.
- Prior programming experience with .NET, C#, C++and/or Java is preferred. Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat LINUX, standard relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 or Oracle and NO SQL Databases.
- 3+ years’ experience in Financial Services Industry a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies. Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the Enterprise is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment. Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration Ability to identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high performing teams. Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Technical Professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability. Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
- Experience leading in an Agile delivery environment and implementing Continuous Deliver is a big plus Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, and cloud based application development, web services, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security and business intelligence.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2018