Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employees’ strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services (AS), a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management services to independent registered investment advisors (RIAs). RIAs choose independence because they are determined to take charge of their future. They want the freedom to serve their clients without compromise and to control their destiny as business owners. And like them, Schwab believes in doing the right thing for investors – it's a basic shared value.
The AS Business Consulting & Education (BCE) team creates and delivers industry-leading consulting, benchmarking, and education programs that help advisors achieve their goals and gain competitive advantage. Its extensive offer includes the RIA Benchmarking Study, immersive multi-week ‘Insight to Action’ consulting programs, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program, the RIA Intern Program and more. BCE programs are developed by a skilled program team and delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants. The team’s success is grounded in its deep expertise in core business issues firms face and its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that convert insights into actions that advisors can implement in their firms.
What you’ll do:
As a key contributor to the BCE team, the Senior Manager will be responsible for projects such as: (1) developing the strategy, structure and content for a new virtual practice management model designed specifically for advisors; (2) engaging employees through internal leadership communications and workflows; and (3) managing the AS University Grant program. Through this work, the Senior Manager will partner with Schwab team members, so the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively is a must. Key business partners include the BCE Consultants and leadership team, AS Relationship Management (Sales), Marketing, Field Enablement, Schwab Community Relations, Legal, and Event Production Services.
Successful BCE team members are energized by the opportunity to build relationships and develop innovative content in a highly collaborative environment, intellectually curious and passionate about learning new things, and motivated to leverage their strengths to deliver meaningful results. The ideal candidate enjoys having fun at work and embraces the opportunity to share and receive feedback. Positivity, flexibility, transparency and efficiency are valued on the team, as is the ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
What you have:
- A ‘can-do’ client-first approach to business
- Proven talent to deliver high-quality work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Desire to be part of a team that celebrates and advocates for each other
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills, including the ability to develop recommendations, influence partners and present updates
- Ability to translate complex and varied inputs including market data, client and executive insights, and broad industry research into compelling stories and actionable programs
- Desire to continuously develop your skills
- A bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles and successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and manage a project plan
- An understanding of dependencies and ability to anticipate ripple effects
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience serving the financial services industry is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in a program management and/or content development role is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, employee discounts, personalized advice
- Work/Life Balance: sabbatical, paid parental leave, new mothers returning to work program, tuition reimbursement programs, time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, onsite fitness classes, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, commitment to diversity, strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-2-5 yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018