Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab has been doing in-house, native mobile development for several years but every business channel in Schwab is increasing their presence on the mobile platform. We are looking to grow a high performing, engaged mobile development team that is passionate about delivering an excellent mobile experience for our users, from checking account balances to complex trading, Schwab’s ever growing mobile user base is asking for more features and more and interesting visualizations and interactions. Come join the team and make your mark on a highly distributed, visible and valued product.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare specifications, design, develop and support mobile applications and prepare documentation per Schwab mobile best practices.
- Code and ship new mobile features with high quality, well-structured code.
- Troubleshoot debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Create automated unit tests.
- Prepare documentation for new development work while maintaining Schwab development standards.
What you have:
- 2+ years of software development experience including 1+ years of iOS mobile development using Swift
- Knowledge of Iterative Development methodologies like Agile
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and dependable
- Self-directed learner - ability to pick up new technology/frameworks/skill sets/etc
- Ability to work individually or as part of a tight talented team
- Experience using the native SDK's and comfortable working in Xcode and Git
- Ability to develop compelling user experiences while meeting the needs of the mobile users.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 Apply Here