Henderson - NV, NV2360CC, 2360 Corporate Circle, 89074
Debra Andrea Mandell
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Bank Compliance Director for Advisory Services is responsible for providing timely compliance advice and guidance to Bank business unit management on policies, procedures, and controls necessary to achieve compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. This includes when the regulatory requirements and/or the regulatory environment changes, when new products or services are offered and when meaningful changes are made to existing products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Provide timely compliance advice and guidance, consistent with Corporate Compliance Standards, to Bank business unit management on policies, procedures and controls necessary for the Bank to achieve compliance with consumer banking regulatory requirements applicable to the Bank’s lending activities (mortgage, HELOC and PAL)
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of laws, regulations and agency guidance applicable to the Bank’s lending activities
- Assist Bank management in the assessment and implementation of regulatory developments, including assessing the development for impact to the Bank’s lending activities and advising appropriate Bank Management accordingly
- Work with Bank Management to assess compliance risk associated with the Bank’s lending products
- Assist with the annual Compliance Risk Assessments and periodic updates to the Regulatory Inventory Matrix
- Assist with marketing, advertising and promotions by providing subject matter expertise related to lending products
- Assist in the development and production of standard and special purpose reports designed to provide the Board, Bank Management and appropriate Bank committees with information to evaluate compliance performance
- Assist with regulatory compliance examinations related to lending, including advance preparation and coordination of requested information
- Assist in the annual Training Needs Analysis and the development of the Annual Compliance Training Plan to ensure appropriate lending training is provided
- Escalate potential issues of non-compliance to the Managing Director, Bank Compliance or the Bank’s Chief Compliance Officer, as warranted
What you have:
- At least 8 to 10 years of Bank Compliance experience gained through role such as bank examiner, internal auditor, external auditor, regulatory consultant, or Bank Compliance Manager.
- Strong understanding of banking laws and regulations, including but not limited to the lending regulations (Truth-In-Lending, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, and FCRA/FACTA).
- Ability to independently conduct research on consumer protection laws and regulations, and provide interpretations, clarifications and recommendations to business partners, with input from Bank Compliance Management and Bank Legal.
- Strong computer aptitude with particular emphasis on presentation development, management reporting and spreadsheets.
- Excellent presentation and consultation skills.
- High degree of initiative and organizational skills to work independently in an efficient manner. (self-directed/self-starter)
- Ability to travel (5 % to 10% a year).
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Critical Thinking: Has a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment, applicable rules and regulations applicable to the area of responsibility. Understands the totality of the impact of a proposed solution and implements what’s best for the company overall. Understands and clearly communicates the difference between regulatory requirements, industry standards and business risk decisions
- Leadership & People Management: Leads by example and develops staff to do the same. Works collaboratively with colleagues throughout Compliance and the company. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Shares wins and successes. Actions reflect a commitment to the success of the Compliance Department. Provides timely objective and constructive feedback to management, colleagues and staff. Solicits, understands and accepts the perspective of others. Champions the development of diverse teams and leverages their strengths. Sets clear objectives, measures and monitors progress and results, and rewards accordingly
- Results Oriented & Accountability: Owns successes and failures, and those of their group, and applies learnings from both to the benefit of future efforts. Proactively provides relevant compliance advice and guidance. Manages resources to balance quality, urgency, and execution
- Communication Skills: Written and oral communications are clear, concise and tailored to the audience. Influences others without relying on direct authority
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Internal Audit, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||NV - Henderson, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, April 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018