Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Operational Process & Controls team is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Key Process and Controls program required to manage the primary functions of Schwab Technology Services’ organization (STS). This team has ownership of the framework that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. This framework includes processes, procedures, tasks, and checklists which are not organization-specific, but can be applied across the entire technology organization. Our team provides STS with a baseline from which it can plan, implement, and measure. We are currently working with ITIL and COBIT frameworks. While a robust control framework is part of an effective “1st Line of Defense”, it must also promote effective and efficient technology operations that fully support the realization of Schwab’s strategic objectives.
Additionally, this team partners with Schwab’s second line of defense organizations (i.e; Operational Risk Management, Information Technology Risk Management, Operational Controls, etc.) to ensure and maintain a comprehensive an effective control environment.
The Snr. Staff, Operational Process Controls is an individual contributor role responsible for the overall support of the ITIL framework. This role will play a lead role in establishing a program that identifies and communicates the Key Operational Processes & Controls needed to manage the primary functions of the STS organization.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an understanding of existing configuration management processes and catalog inventory key operational processes and controls
- Contribute to the documentation and assessment of current controls and the control environment across the entire STS organization
- Contribute to the design and establishment dashboards for monitoring and management
- Play a role in the assessment of the health of key operational processes and controls
- Assist in identifying opportunities to refine, replace or rebuild ineffective of incomplete controls.
- Implement cross-functional workflows and processes to streamline operations.
- Leverage data, analytics and insights to drive continuous improvement in operational processes.
- Mentor less junior member of team
What you have:
- 6+ or more experience with relevant to technology governance, technology risk identification, operational processes and controls, control frameworks (ITIL v3, ITSM, COBIT 5) as well as an understanding of the Agile development process
- Experience with process control design, implementation and assessment, process assessment and design, technology, and technology risk management.
- Experience and understanding of distributed and mainframe processing environments
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean and Lean IT principles and methodologies, certification preferred.
- Ability to independently analyze and determine if a suite of controls will adequately reduce inherent risks to acceptable levels
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences.
- Strong influencing, coaching and mentoring skills; demonstrated success in building credibility with peers and key stakeholders to drive action and change.
- Experience playing a lead role in the components of a major organizational transformation initiative; including strategy, structure, methods, resources/skills, etc.
- Prior experience in financial services including experience with Information Technology Operations and back office operations preferred.
- Skilled use of typical software and an ability to understand and quickly acquire the ability to utilize Enterprise Risk Management and process management or workflow software and tools
- Occasional travel out of state for training or specific projects may be required (less than 15%)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, March 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, April 23, 2018