Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Systems group in Charles Schwab & Co.'s Technology organization is comprised of several teams that support the goals of Schwab’s internal Corporate functions through the delivery of technology, operations, and projects. The goal of the Treasury and Securities Lending technology team is to work closely with our business partners to define and enable innovative technology solutions for the Treasury and Securities Lending functions. Our focus is to deliver solutions that align with Treasury and Securities Lending business strategies through an agile and customer-aligned approach.
Working closely with the business, the Technical Director/Platform Architect will be responsible for design and architecture guidance across Schwab’s portfolio of Treasury and Securities Lending solutions. The portfolio includes internal, vendor and SaaS applications for Capital Markets, Middle Office, Cash Management, Treasury Finance, Liquidity Management and Securities Lending business areas. This role will work on various projects to identify, analyze and take a leadership role in developing the evolution of the foundational platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Own the end-to-end solution, design, and architecture for the Treasury and Securities Lending portfolio.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding application system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications and technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the Treasury and Securities Lending application portfolio from future to current state
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Mentor / provide advice and guidance across the Treasury and Securities Lending development teams regarding technical and functional design decisions
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of vendor applications / software products to ensure they are extensible for Schwab’s needs and are compliant with technology policies and standards.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
What you have:
- Ability to define and present a vision for the future of the Treasury and Securities Lending Platforms
- Ability to influence with agility and leadership qualities that engineers recognize and respect
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work on cross platform integrations
- Lead experience in application development (Java or .Net)
- Experience with relational databases and database design
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud-ready platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry desired
- Deep knowledge and experience with server side .NET or Java.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery concepts and tools
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
- Familiarity with financial services or a strong desire to learn about the industry
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, organization, decision-making, and influencing skills
- Ability/desire to listen and encourage thoughts, opinions and discussions where needed
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- A software engineering background preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, April 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018