Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Cash Strategy, Deposits and Payments team is a strategy, product management, and integration group responsible for delivering high impact business strategy, competitive analysis and new product innovation for Charles Schwab and Co. Inc and Charles Schwab Bank to serve our client’s cash needs.
An individual in this role will have the opportunity to gain substantial exposure and develop a strong reputation by working on strategic decisions of the firm and the analysis and development of high priority product and platform concepts. With increasing importance of cash as a key revenue driver of the firm, this role is unique in that it offers the opportunity to work on strategic projects that have a firm-wide impact while at the same time building subject matter expertise and industry knowledge in both the banking and brokerage industries.
Reporting into the Managing Director of Cash Strategy, this role will be responsible for driving the understanding of strategic issues and product, competitive and regulatory trends. This person will be expected to simultaneously work on multiple projects, and will be involved from the brainstorming phase through implementation, execution, and reporting.
Project work could include cash economics and trend analysis, flow of funds for deposit products, business case development for new product/business opportunity, regulatory analysis, customer analysis, and competitive research, etc. The project work largely will involve analyzing and interpreting, for senior management of Schwab Bank and brokerage, business implications related to cash deposit products, cash strategy, and customer behavior. In addition, developing high quality management reporting and insights is also a key component of the work.
Individuals must have superior partnership skills as work typically requires a coordinated effort with team members and cross-functional business partners. Members of the team who are highly successful demonstrate the ability to think creatively, perform rigorous data analytics, develop recommendations that are data driven/fact-based, deliver results in a matrixed organization and have the flexibility and maturity to handle ambiguous situations. Individuals with a bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles to successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously tend to perform well in the role.
What you’ll do:
- Primary accountability is to identify and capture opportunities to enhance our cash product capabilities and performance. This includes:
- Framing and executing quantitative analyses designed to identify opportunities to improve the client experience and/or business outcomes, as supported by client behavior/demographics and/or product economics.
- Analyzing the competitive and regulatory environment, market opportunities, and client needs/preferences/behaviors to develop strategies and tactics that enhance product attractiveness, while controlling costs and mitigating risk to the firm.
- Leading multiple projects that enhance capabilities, address issues, or complete required activities associated with Deposits & Payments products.
- Producing and compiling high-visibility management reporting and insights, for consumption by team members, partners, and senior leadership.
What you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally within financial services industry with exposure to Deposit or Payments products
- Self-starter and fast learner with business acumen
- Strong problem solving skills, comfortable with ambiguity and imperfect data
- Ability to drive execution independently, and being able to define problem and provide potential solutions
- Strong analytical skills, being able to “go beyond the obvious” and synthesize data/analysis to deliver fact-based insights and implications for business decisions
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and being able to develop clear and thoughtful recommendations with tools like PPT and ThinkCell
- Excellent influencing skills / ability to build credibility with stakeholders and drive action
- Natural ability to build relationships with key business partners across the company
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs, Product Development-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, March 30, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018