San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Manager will own Marketing sourcing categories and create opportunity assessments to identify and develop sourcing and spend management strategies to deliver cost savings across the firm. They will lead cross-functional teams to achieve optimal total cost of ownership and mitigate risk for the firm.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the planning, implementation and execution of strategic sourcing strategies
- Build relationships and effectively partner across varied functions with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to influence change
- Perform market analysis, benchmark analysis and spend analysis for focused categories
- Collaborate with senior functional leaders to establish, develop and present business case and cost/benefit analysis to stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of business supporting the Marketing function. Lead portfolio of vendors to drive out best-in-class deals for Schwab.
- Facilitation of supplier selection and lead the negotiation process
- Identify, select, and manage suppliers who have the capacity and capability to meet the needs of the business
- Leverage industry associations, peers and stakeholders to identify best practices for strategic sourcing for outsourcing category and supplier management
- Ensure realized savings ties back to departmental budget
- Monitor supplier performance and manage supplier relationship for key suppliers across multiple business divisions.
- Review and approve contracts and SOWs in accordance to company terms and conditions.
- Ability to interpret and utilize key financial data; can tell a story with data
- Interact with Legal and other company departments and agencies to analyze risks associated with agreements and develop language to minimize exposure whenever needed.
What you have:
- 4-8 years of experience as a sourcing and/or procurement professional, preferably with a focus on Marketing spend/vendor relationships.
- 4-8 years of experience assisting in, or leading, the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- In-depth understanding of the supplier marketplace for the assigned category(ies); deep industry and/or professional relationships with supplier in the categories a plus
- Track record of increasing responsibility for Marketing vendor management initiatives, including but not limited to the execution of (or assistance in) sourcing events (RFP, RFI, etc).
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into clear recommendations on course of action.
- Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
- Experience negotiating/contracting with large suppliers such as creative, media and events agencies a plus
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence at a mid-to-senior management level both internally and externally.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Demonstrated comfort level with ambiguity
- Experience planning and leading negotiations
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Knowledge on emerging trends in Marketing, Advertising and Strategic Sourcing
- Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, and to offer new ways to approach old problems
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, economics, supply chain management or public policy preferred
- Professional accreditation in sourcing, procurement or inventory management a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-2-5 yrs, Advertising-2-5 yrs, Advertising-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, March 30, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018