Austin - TX, AUS2, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for an Experienced Software Release Manager with strong track record of coordinating Production Deployments and improving our release process. Advisor Services Technology (AST) group provides software solutions to Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs). Some of AST’s software offerings are Trading Platform (Schwab Advisor Center), Portfolio Management, and Retirement Business Solutions. In this position, you will manage and mature AST release processes. Your responsibilities will include ensuring AST’s release governance is applied, communicating release status to external stakeholders, coordinating with Product Management on internal and external communication, and improving AST’s release process.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for implementing and managing the release management process for AST. You will maintain and improve AST Change Approval Board (CAB) process, identify/manage release dependencies within AST and/or outside of AST, implement a Release Train schedule for AST, and communicate release status to stakeholders. The Release Manager will be a liaison to Change Management team and will collaborate with all members of the software development team to ensure change management policies are enforced. We're looking for technology leaders who are enthusiastic about working across different organizations to streamline Production Releases for a Department consisting of multiple lines of businesses and increasing efficiency with process improvements. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
The role will focus on the following areas:
- Planning – Coordination across multiple organizations, adhering to release schedule and business alignment.
- Establishing a Release Train cadence for AST.
- Risk Assessment – Code freeze processes, scope, quality and review sessions.
- Executing – Release coordination, release tactics and issue management.
- Measuring – Establish, mature and automate release metrics.
- Process Improvement/Automation – Tools improvement, process automation and innovation.
- Education – Constant education for stakeholders and engineers.
- Mentoring – Mentor and coach team members.
What you have:
- 8+ years working in an enterprise software organization.
- 6 - 8 years demonstrated real world experience with Release Management discipline and processes.
- Experience with Agile & SAFe framework, working with Agile teams and leveraging Agile tools in order to accomplish Release Management goals.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to partner with Product Owners, Software Application engineers, Release Engineers and other engineers across an organization.
- Experience mentoring and guiding engineers around Release Management best practices.
- Excellent facilitation, organization and collaboration skills.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to manage risk and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Desire to dig deeper into how releases are managed in a PaaS, SaaS and Cloud based solution.
- Experience in driving release process improvements and release automation.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and Confluence for Release Management activities, such as: metrics gathering, managing a release train across multiple departments
- Exposure with automation efforts of several aspects of software development; for example: automate build process upon code check-in, automate deployment, and configuring artifacts repository
- Experience on how Bamboo is utilized to manage releases
- Code Repository: TFS, Subversion, Install Shield, Jenkins, TFS Team Build, Bitbucket
- Project Management experience using Scrum or Kanban
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018