Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Distributed Application Solutions (DAS) is diverse group of software developers responsible for developing and supporting multiple enterprise class solutions in support of Schwab's various lines of business. We have an opening for a software development position that will design & development efforts for current applications support and future applications development. We are looking for an individual that has a lot of curiosity, passion about technology, is driven to learn new things, and is always looking to improve process.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a versatile software application developer whose role will be distributed across all phases of the SLDC - from early Inception solutioning through to final solution implementation and support. Responsibility and activities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with our Business partners to identify, define and document business/technical requirements.
- Existing application change impact analysis
- Software design development and review
- Sizing’s & estimates development and review
- Ensure timely delivery of technical project & release deliverables
- Developing & reviewing implementation and deployment plans
- Working with and influencing peer & partner technical & business teams
- Partnering directly with quality assurance to ensure effective test coverage for DAS applications
- Provide best practice development efforts within DAS for areas like: root cause analysis and documentation; design development and documentation; software lifecycle governance; change management process and procedures
- The candidate will also be expected to monitor production support queues, troubleshoot production issues as well as help identify opportunities for process improvements within the suite of applications and environments we manage
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business.
- The candidate must be able to succeed in a high stress and challenging environment.
What you have:
- 3+ years’ experience with: Java development and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years’ experience with software design, development, and implementation.
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise level distributed systems based applications development and support.
- Experience with relational database application development (MS SQL and/or Oracle)
- Experience with Web Services in a distributed systems environment.
- Spring Framework including Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Spring Data
- Real-world experience analyzing, documenting, maintaining and refactoring code written by others
- Familiarity with MongoDB; Concepts of NoSQL database design and development
- Enterprise level authorization & authentication mechanisms for application services.
- Secure coding experience.
- Experience with Cloud computing, Atlassian products, Maven, RAD, RabbitMQ
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Denver
Activation Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018