Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The position is within the newly created Digital Anti-Fraud Strategy and Initiatives Team, part of the Financial Crimes Risk Management organization within Corporate Risk Management. The department assists in the assessment of Fraud risk presented to the business and the affirmative commitment to safeguarding customer and corporate assets against fraud. A key objective of the organization is driving ongoing improvement to the Corporation’s abilities to mitigate fraud risk and meet regulatory obligations.
We are currently seeking an Anti-Fraud Manager to serve in a red team-like capacity who brings critical analytical skills and a willingness to challenge conventional wisdom to become an expert in fraud and cybercrime. The role will fill a critical need to proactively identify fraud risk and vulnerabilities with Schwab processes and/or systems. The Anti-Fraud Manager role is an individual contributor who reports to a Managing Director in the Digital Anti-Fraud Strategy and Initiatives Team.
What you’ll do:
The team requires a range of competencies related to obtaining intelligence about current fraud threats and by conducting alternative analysis of current systems, industry peers, law enforcement and other sources. A successful candidate must possess strong analytic skills and research abilities, be comfortable working with ambiguity, have familiarity with cybercriminal practices and industry trends, and be able to synthesize various inputs to make recommendations about new fraud risk mitigating solutions.
The following are highlights of the key responsibilities of this role:
- Foster an ongoing in-depth understanding of cybercriminal behavior and trends, leveraging the dark web and other resources, to be able identify mitigation tactics for internal development or vendor hosted solutions.
- Perform and document a retrospective review/analysis of any adverse events (a significantly impacting risk event, incident, or breach) to identify root cause and recommend remediation tactics to mitigate risk of event reoccurring.
- Perform exercises to emulate potential cybercriminal attacks or exploit vulnerabilities with Schwab’s fraud risk controls.
- Assist other teams within Financial Crimes Risk Management with research and documented recommendations to address other risk factors.
- Participate as a fraud Subject Matter Expert (SME) in project discussions to educate stakeholders about fraud risk, Schwab vulnerabilities, and brainstorm potential remedies to address gaps.
- Identify potential operational opportunities for process improvements/adjustments based on policy and technology improvements to fraud and operations procedures, tools, and technology.
- Work independently and take initiative on a range of fraud/cybercrime-related activities.
What you have:
- 5+ years of investigative experience with specific emphasis on fraud
- Superior investigative/analytical skills and problem resolution abilities
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability and comfort to think creatively and outside the box
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex issues in a team environment working with various levels of management and partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of fraud behavior and able to use technology to mimic behavior and identify vulnerabilities
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Experience with AML, law enforcement or cybercrime prevention
- Background or experience with cybercrime
- Knowledge of financial services products and operational procedures and controls and their application to client experience
- BA/BS degree
- Certified Fraud Examiner certification (CFE)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018