Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab we have a very robust and Operational Continuity / Disaster Recovery operating framework. That includes satisfying myriad inquiries and audits attesting to our capabilities related to business requirements. We are in the middle of altering that framework to truly ensure that resilience is part of the core to everything that we do. You will have the opportunity to have an immediate tactical impact as well as be key resource shaping the future of Operational Continuity.
What you’ll do:
As a technical lead in our organization, you will work closely with Operational Continuity team mates as well as planning and testing participants from across the organization. You will be a key focal point relating to audit and Second Line of Defense inquiries. You will be the Product Owner for all Operational Continuity products. You will interface with the Scrum Master to define and document Epics, Releases, and Sprint Planning. As the lead individual contributor in Operational Continuity you will expected to lead by example and be the voice of organization when needed.
What you have:
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience dedicated to disaster recovery operations and management
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience
- Must have substantial experience leading technical teams in the delivery of services as an individual contributor
- 5+ years of delivering results using an Agile Framework [must be comfortable being the “Product Owner, creating and maintaining backlogs…”
- Must have well-groomed soft-skills and be at home speaking and presenting in front of executive management
- Experience managing large projects using well developed sound project management skills
- Must have in-depth understanding of current recovery solutions, high availability architectures and mainframe architectures as is knowledge of crisis communication solutions
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Successfully developed and implemented business continuity program life cycle plans and source deliverables (e.g. risk assessments, bias, continuity planning) is essential
- Experience establishing, managing and communication with Business Partners to cultivate strong partnerships
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery and reliance planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk and business impact analysis
- Understanding of elementary IT network principles is critical
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to convey plans, exercises, and activities.
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead the testing of emergency response, recovery support, and business resumption procedures
- People management experience is a plus
- MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio
- SharePoint Experience a plus
- Financial Services Industry experience a plus
- Continuity Planning accreditation is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, March 26, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018