Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS) team is responsible for implementing the firm’s cybersecurity strategy which includes security architecture, security operations monitoring (SOC), cybersecurity incident response, implementing and operating the necessary security tools, controls and approaches to meet policies and standards, testing and regulatory support. As a Sr. Staff Analyst, you will report to the Managing Director of the Cybersecurity Program Office and be responsible for developing standardized templates and understandable content for policy statements, technical standards, processes and procedures across the Cybersecurity organization within Schwab.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Staff Analyst is responsible for analyzing new cybersecurity regulations and implementing new processes, tools or controls, and facilitating responses for regulatory inquiries and exams. In addition to responding to regulators, this role will also be engaging with Senior Leadership at Schwab to ensure a consistent message is being delivered to regulators and Management’s expectations are being met.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about risks, controls, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit cybersecurity policy statements, technical standards, training manuals and control/operational procedures
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copies
- Maintains a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyzes documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Develops standardized templates that can be used throughout the organization
- Manages updates and revisions to technical documents
- Provide technical writing support across the Cybersecurity organization and programs
- Coordinates and leads multiple concurrent technical writing activities through coordination with internal stakeholders
- Develops a technical writing plan and roadmap to prioritize all documentation needs across the organization
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to validate that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
What you have:
- 8+ years of experience in Communications, Information Technology, Cybersecurity and/or IT Auditing, IT Project Management
- Previous experience in the financial services or regulatory industry
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator certification is preferred but not required
- Communication skills - must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have non-technical backgrounds and be able communicate at all levels.
- Detail oriented – ability to create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, they must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
- Imagination - ability to think about a standard, process or procedure in the way that a person without technical experience would think about it.
- Teamwork - must be able to work well with others, organize teams, establish direction and approach, resolve conflict, and deliver tough messages with grace.
- Technical skills - understand and then explain highly technical information.
- Writing skills - must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly.
- Ability to recognize project/progress barriers and resolve them effectively
- Proven ability to quickly build relationships and earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Visio
- BA/BS Degree
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, March 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018