Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
You will be joining the Charles Schwab Investment Management Technology leadership team as a Managing Director focused on developing an organization focused on transforming the Quality Assurance team into a Test Automation Engineering team.
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director of Test Automation Engineering will transform the QA team away from a test-after approach by creating a strategy that encompasses a test-first mindset and who understands and can help educate team members on the merits of TDD and BDD. The Charles Schwab Investment Management Technology platform is under a technology revolution as we continue to build products and services that meet the growing demands of the Investment Management team. This role will focus on ensuring there is a test strategy and framework in place to support concepts such as, Platform as a Service, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Behavior Driven Development, Responsive Web Design, Micro Services and data warehousing.
What you have:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 8+ years of IT project leadership experience in technical, project and vendor management capabilities
- 8+ years of people management experience with at least 5 direct reports
- 8+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and motivational skills, with the ability to build rapport and grow consensus with peers and other groups
- Hands on experience managing budgets and prioritize spending
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail & the ability to design, execute & maintain strategic goals & metrics
- Experience in the Financial Services/Investment Management Industry
- Experience with understanding and evangelizing Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development and Pair programming
- Prior experience with Agile (Scrum/XP) processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology & trends
- Strong knowledge and experience in test automation strategies to include TDD and BDD, software development, testing, maintenance and support
- Experience with tools that support CI/CD to include Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat and Test automation experience using Selenium, Informatica DVO, SOA Test, Zephyr, Ruby, and Cucumber
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018