Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Trade Analyst is a senior support position in CSIM Technology Operations to support the Investment Management systems encompassing portfolio management, order execution, trade matching, posting and reconciliation. In this business facing role, the candidate will be interacting with several internal and external teams (brokers, third party vendors), driving issue analysis and resolution, recommending solutions, and helping to promote the overall support strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving all issues affecting production applications. This involves coordination with and escalation to development and external teams where necessary. This team owns all issues escalated to CSIM Technology until it is resolved or a workaround is provided to end users.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to affected parties during the investigation and resolution of any individual or system-wide outage
- Responsible for ensuring the Change Implementation Management policies are adhered to for all changes deployed to Production.
- Work with development teams at the appropriate stages in application development (join Scrum calls) to ensure any new systems or projects meet the Production standards
- Constantly update knowledge repository, ensure information regarding any support related activities or issues are available and easily accessible.
- Responsible for servicing all requests for data or other activities that require access to Production systems
- The goal is to improve self-reliance and reduce dependency on the availability of development or external team resources for the initial troubleshooting and resolution of problems.
What you have:
- Experienced Support Analyst in Asset Management industry with a strong understanding of trade life cycle
- Be able to manage an outage incident, coordinating user communications, and other teams to help resolve an incident.
- Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction. Be able to easily communicate with Traders/Portfolio Managers/Compliance/Risk users to discuss their issues and work through to a resolution
- Solid track record in an operational/support role, understands incident/problem/change management and how to drive stability across organizations.
- Hands-on professional that understands both code and infrastructure
Qualifications & Experience:
Technical/Vendor Product Skills – Required:
- Operating System : Windows Environment
- CRD (Charles River Development) Order Management System Knowledge
- SQL/Databases (SQL Server): Understanding of tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures, and the ability to understand them by reading their definitions. Familiarity with SQL queries. Understanding of transactions, query plan analysis and database troubleshooting.
Technical Skills - Desired:
- .Net/C#/Java exposure is desirable
- Tools: Source code management tools like TFS, BitBucket or any other CI/CD tools.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot (C++, Java, Database Procedures) code by examining logs, using debuggers, splunk , appdyanmics dashboards etc.
- Data Conversion and ETL tool experience – Informatica
- FIX Protocol
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from a top tier university, preferably in Computer Science
- 7-10 years of support/developer experience in financial services, preferably Asset Management
- Personal Characteristics
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
- Keen focus on metrics and trend analysis
- Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties during outages and actively communicate updates to Application Development and Business partners
- Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a can do attitude
You demonstrate these behaviors:
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||CO - Lone Tree|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, March 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, May 24, 2018