Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $320 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
The CSIM Data Management and Governance Team’s mission is to evolve Charles Schwab Investment Management’s data environment. We are focused on developing technology, people, and processes that will improve how business users get to the data they need to do their job. Our mission is driven by those business stakeholders, who need to know what the data means, where it comes from, have confidence in the quality of the data, and have confidence that changes to data are well-managed.
The Data Steward will execute on the initiative to deliver maximum Data Governance value based on CSIM’s data framework and core business needs, and will ensure ongoing Data Governance practices are being followed. The right person for this role is passionate about data. They will partner with CSIM Technology, play a central role in our CSIM Local Data Governance forum of Data Stewards, work with Charles Schwab’s Global Data Office to implement Schwab Enterprise tools, and communicate progress to the Data Governance Manager in order to report up to CSIM senior leadership and the Schwab Global Data Office.
What you’ll do:
- Execute project work for the CSIM Data Governance initiative, resulting in regular progress toward meeting the Schwab Enterprise Data Governance Standards
- Work with data owners, subject matter experts, and project BAs to document CSIM metadata per corporate standards, putting data under formal governance
- Administer and strengthen the change management process for data under formal governance
- Implement Data Governance on new and existing applications with CSIM Business and Project Services
- Populate metadata in Data Governance tools and provide user feedback for continuous improvement
- Contribute to meeting materials and metadata research for the CSIM Local Data Governance Working Group to build a partnership with the CSIM business and to manage data across the organization
- Provide analysis and updates on key projects and issues for reviews with the Charles Schwab Global Data Office
- Generate metrics and KPI results for the CSIM governance organizations and Charles Schwab Global Data Office to demonstrate progress toward meeting our Data Governance goals and objectives
- Support the analysis and implementation of Data Quality controls in the CSIM business environment
- Backup the Data Governance Manager as needed in meetings and with project work
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
- A demonstrated passion for data and data governance
- 3+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in Asset Management, or experience in another industry that readily translates to success in this role
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, with proven accomplishments in Process Improvement and Change Management
- Experience in the Data Governance and/or Data Management space, ideally having been part of the implementation of a Data Governance program
- Strong background in a business discipline or space with proven accomplishments that apply to the Data Steward skillset
- Experience working with technology and data and partnering with IT professionals
- Proven experience working with business representatives to achieve positive outcomes
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to translate user feedback to actionable items
- Self-starter high level of initiative
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a business-related field
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, April 26, 2018