Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $320 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
As a Data Operations Analyst with Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), you will be part of a team dedicated to building operational excellence and implementing best-in-class practices in CSIM’s centralized data platform. Our team is passionate about ensuring high data quality in a dynamic and growing asset management firm. In addition to core responsibilities of executing operational processes that support these goals, you will be part of a movement to continually enhance a culture of trusted data for use across all investment management functions.
This position is our team's first to be located in our CSIM Chicago office. As such, the right person for the role will be a proven self-starter with the discipline to effectively work in the new office as we increase our operational presence in the Midwest.
What you’ll do:
- You will be instrumental in establishing our Production Operations team in Chicago
- You will execute daily operational processes in our enterprise data management platform and other data quality systems, to ensure accurate, timely, and trusted data is available for regulatory and investment management functions.
- You will execute operations in master data management (MDM), responding to and providing appropriate information on all master data-related questions and inquiries.
- You will perform daily, monthly, and ad hoc processes to review exception reports and manage resolution of issues for data loads of portfolio positions, transactions and other data domains common for asset managers.
- You will collaborate with business users across CSIM to manage and resolve data quality issues in an efficient and timely fashion.
- In addition to daily operational functions, you will help to build and improve processes and controls that ensure data being published to our stakeholders is of the highest quality and meets regulatory compliance requirements.
- You will work with team members to devise and implement methods to increase data management efficiency and create scale in our delivery of data to our internal clients.
- You will also engage in projects that help the team develop and implement data solutions that enable CSIM to meet new and changing regulatory requirements.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ operations experience in the asset management industry, with a focus on master data management and other data-related functions
- Self-driven and disciplined, able to work effectively and efficiently in a new office location. Requires minimal instruction on day-to-day work, with general instructions on new assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Works with team members and groups to establish priorities, set goals and track outcomes.
- Proven ability to apply specialized knowledge of data management
- Understands the broader impact of data excellence to the firm
- Resolves a wide range of issues by applying judgment and technical know-how to identify creative ways to complete assignments, improve policies and/ or programs and influence others to take action.
- Networks with senior personnel internally and externally across departments/groups to resolve issue, gain needed information and influence outcomes.
- Experience using the Eagle data management platform is preferred
- Proven experience with data quality operations and reporting, using exception-driven resolution processes
- Experience providing data oriented metrics and key performance indicators Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders across the organization
- Experience partnering with technology support teams to identify and solve production issues
- General knowledge of data warehouse operations, capabilities, and functionality is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Passion for learning and a spirit of continual self-improvement
- This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
- Bachelor’s degree required
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, April 26, 2018