Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Model Risk Management (MRM) team within Corporate Risk Management is responsible for identifying and managing model risk at the company. The MRM Reporting Team develops and distributes reports to internal users, business partners, and oversight committees in a rapidly evolving environment.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate will help drive development of MRM’s reporting infrastructure and capabilities. The job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with development of MRM’s reporting infrastructure as we move to a custom C# environment.
- Develop new reports to clearly communicate complex data.
- Prepare regular, scheduled committee reporting to facilitate high-level decision making.
- Generate ad-hoc reports to support MRM staff and management.
- Critically evaluate reports to identify inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, and opportunities.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems that arise in underlying reporting infrastructure (Access, InfoPath, SharePoint, Excel, C#).
- Provide guidance and support to business users and validators.
- This is an individual contributor role, requiring attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
What you have:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience with C/C# highly desired
- Ability to analyze and present complex data using Excel and Access (SQL, VBA)
- Ability to clearly explain complex ideas and topics
- SharePoint, InfoPath, data visualization and business intelligence tool experience preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018