San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect (Director Level) within the Charles Schwab's Digital Services enterprise that is responsible for defining and developing the digital strategy, offers, and experiences to drive the growth and loyalty of existing and prospective clients and accelerate Schwab’s digital transformation. You will be responsible for design and architecture guidance across Schwab's suite of digital solutions and transform the way we work. You'll work closely with other technologists to define the digital strategy for the firm. You'll be a part of Schwab's Application Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.).
Other duties include:
- Leading design discussions and mentoring engineers on proper platform and application solutions
- Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives
- Providing thought leadership around technical solutions
- Collaborate with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions
- Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
You will be part of the Digital Services team at Schwab, focused on improving the Retirement Journey for our clients. The Digital Solution Architect will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and drive change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you’ll do:
The Solution Architect works as team member alongside the Product Leads, Technical Leads and other supporting team members to deliver a complete solution. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting edge team respected for the products they produce and building products that clients love. Their role within SDLC:
- Solution Ideation
- Assist business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects
- Solution Architecture and Design
- Participate/Lead in producing the solutions conceptual architecture and associated artifacts
- Develop logical architecture of solution components based on conceptual architecture/design
on Technical and Functional DesignCurator of Guiding Principles in alignment with EA Principles
- Provide advice and guidance to team leads regarding technical and functional design decisions
- Curator of standards and best practices
- Consultative on larger strategy
- Owns the end to end solution design and architecture for the digital domain
- Collaborates with EA and SAs from other domain to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives
Additionally you will,
- Lead architecture vision of the new digital experience Retirement solution to ensure consistency with overall enterprise architecture
- Foster an in-depth understanding of the ways that Schwab serves our nearing and in-retirement clients, and the key ways in which Schwab can improve the delivery and quality of those services, products, and tools
- Design the overall technological architecture of the Retirement solution
- Guide project teams on technology strategy; works closely with the rest of the team to create a modular and scalable solution that addresses future architectural changes and designs
- Drives the teams in engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Mentors and coaches the technical team, specifically with code reviews
- Be hands-on and engage in coding to help the team to develop the solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand
- Identifies and removes technical impediments
- Works with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Partner with Product Owner as an Architect Owner (responsible for the architecture and NFR) for building reusable and scalable components
What you have:
- Ability to define and present a vision for the future of the Retirement journey for clients
- Ability to drive through influence ideal solution strategy with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work on cross channel integrations
- Experience with relational databases, HTTP and domain driven design
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends (hybrid and native)
- Lead experience in application development (Java or .Net)
- Deep knowledge of MongoDB database design, data design and comparison to relational databases
- Deep knowledge of API (REST, SOAP), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs.
- Experience developing strategies for versioning, partial response (providing only the data elements needed by calling application), pagination (make it easy for developers to paginate objects in a database), and mediating over legacy services to provide more ideal interfaces to mobile development teams
- Securing APIs and experience developing services that are identified by both consuming application and end-users and securing services across both constructs with OAuth, SAML, Two-Factor or Custom Authentication Schemes (mobile security)
- Deep knowledge of one or more languages: C#, or Java.
- Deep knowledge and experience with server side .NET or Java.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
- Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients.
- Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long term impact on the firm.
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership.
- A software engineering background preferred.
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 21, 2018