Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire an experienced technologist as Technical Director for our Cloud Architecture, Platforms and Engineering initiatives within the Cloud Engineering and Operations team. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the technical direction of our Cloud initiatives at Schwab helping to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are seeking a results-oriented technologist with a passion and proven track record for Cloud enablement and delivery at scale. You are a senior and trusted leader for technology and business partners in helping drive effective next generation architecture, decision making, delivery, and responsible for all aspects of effective collaboration and influencing the direction of our Cloud platforms. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to get his/her hands dirty, has a strong Cloud focused development background, communicates well, and is passionate and continually curious about cloud services, technology and the web. This is an individual contributor role focused on leading, inspiring and collaborating with a team of highly motivated and talented technicians in meeting our business-driven technology objectives.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Director in the Cloud Engineering and Operations team you will play a critical role in providing strategic, architectural guidance and influence the development and realization of a technology vision across our Cloud platforms and services. As a distributed architect you will be expected to:
- Lead in the engineering vision, artifacts and best practices for our Cloud based Paas, IaaS, Shared Data platforms.
- Lead the design and architecture of the PaaS platform and services that are consumed by our channel partners.
- Effectively collaborating with enterprise architecture, reliability, support and onboarding teams in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Lead the automation and IaC practices to ensure teams are following IaC patterns to ensure repeatability, consistency and
- Collaborate with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with other technology architects (both application and infrastructure) in influencing the modernization strategy for our platforms and provide guidance on Micro UI, Micro Service and Orchestration services.
- Be a hands on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards for our distributed services.
- Technical governance and design review.
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within the Cloud team and across the greater Schwab organization.
- Publish and present architecture to technology leaders and business executives.
What you have:
- 10+ years of software development experience with at least 3 years focused on cloud technologies.
- 5+ years of experience as an architect in building complex, resilient and highly scalable application and platform solutions.
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major Cloud providers.
- Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB are preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Technical professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability. Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux / Windows data center environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development.
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Financial Industry experience (plus).
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, March 19, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018