Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Our goal, as seen through the clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Trading Technology group within Schwab's Technology Services is looking for a tech production support system analyst. This role involves providing technical solutions to trading business problems, requiring a strong technical background as well as a firm understanding of trading business and process. The position requires a proactive, detail oriented team player with strong technical knowledge, analytical skills, and problem solving capabilities.
What you’ll do:
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the trading application systems, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation. Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication and business relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support team members. Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with life-cycle methodology and risk guidelines. In depth Functional knowledge of trading application(s) and interdependencies.
What you have:
This position requires a highly motivated and well-organized person who is an expert in technical production support having the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in Application Support: reading, understanding and debugging in Java
- 3 - 5 experience supporting applications in a Financial Domain, preferably in Fixed Income and Equities
- 3-5 years of experience developing and supporting applications including scripting skills in Perl and Unix Shell Scripting for automation.
- Proven experience in Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management.
- Proven experience in Infrastructure Support, Configuration and Release Management.
- Advanced SQL experience
- Knowledge of the following tools and technologies: Java, Oracle, MQ, FIX protocol and Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Bachelor Degree, preferred in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018