Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Are you an enthusiastic technologist? We’d love to meet you. Schwab is looking for a Software Engineer to join for our Cloud engineering team. You should be a programmer at heart and someone who truly enjoys building solutions using the latest technologies and innovations and shares our passion for excellence. You are expected to be a hands-on lead developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Your will also be designing critical onboarding tools for our private cloud platforms as well as mentoring junior team members. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to dive into areas they may not familiar with, communicates well, and is passionate about cloud services, technology and the web. Lastly, they must be able to work with team members across disparate locations and products ranging from caching technologies and No-SQL databases to PaaS hosting platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various sub-systems
- Hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Build durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution)
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Identify technology gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business (as necessary)
What you have:
We are looking for a passionate engineer who cares about writing clean, testable code. You probably have:
- 4+ years of hands-on software development experience with at least 1 year focused on cloud technologies
- 2+ years of experience developing large scalable web solutions
- Proficient with modern web development languages and practices such as Angular 5, SPA and RESTful architecture
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major IaaS providers
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience building server side applications with either Java or C#
- Experience in the following:
- Web Servers (IIS or Tomcat preferred)
- Technologies such as WebAPI, LINQ, Async, WCF, XML, JSON, XSLT
- Frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, etc...
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred) and caching technologies (e.g. Redis)
- Scripting languages (Shell, Ruby, Python, Perl or PowerShell)
- Patterns like SOA, MVC, DI, IOC, etc...
- Worked with distributed caching technologies along with No-SQL databases
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required
- Financial Industry experience (plus)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018