Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Wealth Management Technology team (WMT) is an innovative team that believes in engineering the digital products of the future for Charles Schwab Inc. Our team has launched Schwab Intelligent Portfolios, Institutional Intelligent Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Advisory in the last three years while also enhancing platforms built for Schwab Advisors.
We are looking for a highly talented, recognized technical leader to lead solution architecture for WMT. The individual will work closely with various organizations to design WMT and enterprise solutions based on high level business needs. They will construct solutions that align and adjust with ongoing enterprise architecture and platform road maps. In addition, they will tightly align with WMT architects to solidify solutions and guiding them to implementation and delivery by leveraging high performing Agile teams.
What you’ll do:
You will be joining the WMT leadership team as a Technical Director focused on providing architectural guidance. We are looking for an experienced innovative individual that is driven and motivated to lead teams through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
The Wealth Management Technology platform is under constant technology evolution as we continue to build concepts such as, Platform as a Service, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Behavior Driven Development, Responsive Web Design, Micro Services and A/B testing. This role will also focus on ensuring that the evolution continues with projects folding on top of the new technologies and processes.
What you have:
- Technical thought leader who is abreast of the latest technologies and techniques, and is comfortable working across multiple projects
- Experience driving the technical decisions and direction in a larger enterprise
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, SPAs, SOA, WebAPI and RESTful Services
- Strong understanding of database solutions, products, design and performance
- Work closely with delivery managers, Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs
- Ability to break down complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions.
- Lead the technical delivery across multiple scrum teams to ensure compliance to the target architecture
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements, design documents and user stories
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Tracks and identifies new technologies to solve the business problems
- Experience in migrating and deploying web applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Experience in application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience in developing against NoSQL storage; e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience in Web Accessibility
- Experience building an A/B testing platform and doing constant learning based on the feedback
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018