Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In the Release Manager position you will manage and mature the release processes on behalf of the Wealth Management Technology group, including the support of public facing products such as Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Advisory as well as internal products used by Schwab employees.
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios is a native mobile, responsive web and automated investment product with features such as, goal tracking, automatic rebalancing and tax-loss harvesting. Schwab Intelligent Advisory is a hybrid advisory product that takes clients through a digital financial planning experience.
What you’ll do:
Do you enjoy working closely with development teams to guide them through the steps to release a product? Do you constantly look at ways of improving processes to reduce risk through automation? Are you the one that brings groups together to ensure that changes are looked at from different lenses?
If you answered yes to these questions than this position is for you! The Release Manager position is part of a development team responsible for building enterprise web-based applications within the Product Development and Engineering organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully leading releases for enterprise software applications in an Agile environment.
We're looking for technology leaders who are enthusiastic about digital financial products, innovation and guiding teams to build exceptional software solutions. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
What you have:
The role will focus on the following areas.
- Planning – Coordination across multiple teams, adhering to release schedule and business alignment.
- Risk Assessment – Code freeze processes, scope, quality and review sessions.
- Executing – Release coordination, release tactics and issue management.
- Measuring – Establish, mature and automate release metrics.
- Process Improvement – Tool improvement, process automation and innovation.
- Education – Constant education for stakeholders and engineers.
The role will have the following qualifications.
- 7+ years working in an enterprise software organization.
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience building and operating Release Management practices.
- Expertise influencing and changing software development lifecycles.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to partner with Product Owners, DevOps engineers, Release Engineers and other engineers across an organization.
- Experience mentoring and guiding engineers around Release Management best practices.
- Desire to dig deeper into how releases are managed in a PaaS, SaaS and Cloud based solution.
- Experience with Agile processes, working with Agile teams and leveraging Agile tools in order to accomplish Release Management goals.
- Excellent facilitation, organization and collaboration skills.
- A yearning to leverage technology to build internal and external products that "wow" users.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018