Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Tools Solutions team, part of the Office of the Chief Technology Officer, develops tools, processes, training, and reporting solutions for the application development lifecycle, in support of the Development and QA community within Schwab Technology Services. We are currently offering the opportunity for a Tools Solutions Senior Manager to join our team.
What you’ll do:
As a Tools Solutions Team Senior Manager, you will be responsible for managing and guiding tools developers and development tools subject-matter experts that provide R+D and Support services for our software development team clients around the company. A balance of technical leadership, people management, project management, and process management will be required for this position, as well as a strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with a variety of tools, programming languages, and Agile process methodologies. Our clients span the entire business but are primarily software developers, scrum masters, business analysts, project managers, and business partner teams that work closely with application development teams across the enterprise. The tools we support are used every day by Schwab’s software development community and include Application Lifecycle Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Agile Planning, Source Code Management, Test, Build, Security, and Process Automation tooling.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Managing a subset of the Tools Solutions organization providing tools R+D services to our clients.
- Working with senior technical architects to provide technical and strategic guidance to application and tools developers on your team, including digging in technically to guide the team to creative solutions and break through roadblocks to get to the best solutions.
- Interfacing with clients and partners around the company to assess tooling, training, and consulting needs.
- Providing leadership to the Tools team and development teams across the enterprise in choosing the best tools and high value features, particularly in the areas of financial reporting tools such as Clarity, Agile planning and portfolio tools such as JIRA and JIRA Portfolio, and collaboration tools such as Confluence and HipChat.
- Be a leader in Agile concepts and support your team as Agile processes evolve.
- Constantly look for ways to improve how the team functions, taking team technical expertise, process expertise, and employee engagement and coaching to the next level.
- Communicate with individuals on application teams including Managers, Developers, Project Managers, and Infrastructure Support.
- Some management of budget and licensing information in cooperation with other team members and business partners.
What you have:
- BA/BS or higher degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience with software development, tools administration and support, and/or usage with a wide variety of industry-leading tools in an expanding Agile environment.
- 5-10+ years of direct people and project management experience, with experience managing senior developers, project managers, and product owners.
- 5-10 years of experience in complex application development and scripting.
- Solid understanding and experience with CD, CI, DevOps principles
- Experience with Clarity and other financial reporting tools
- Experience with the Atlassian tool stack
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to less senior team members
- Strong working knowledge of software development methodologies, including experience with Agile development processes.
- Experience with portfolio management tools such as JIRA Portfolio and AgileCraft
- Experience with financial services or other highly regulated industries desired
- Experience with enterprise level process methodologies and deployments highly desired.
- Ability to multi-task with numerous activities running concurrently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and prioritization skills with a solid ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018