Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $320 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
The role is critical to drive and support CSIM RIA sales initiatives by consulting with and managing relationships of the various types of financial professionals utilizing Schwab’s investment products.
The CSIM sales team is part of Charles Schwab Investment Management, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. The goal of the team is to promote the sale of Schwab proprietary products through the RIA sales channel.
- The suite of investment products includes:
- Index Funds (Fundamental and Cap-Weighted)
- Actively Managed Mutual Funds
- Collective Investment Trusts and Target-Date Funds
What you’ll do:
The Internal Salesperson will help to drive and support RIA sales initiatives through a consultative sales and relationship management approach. Some of the tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Articulating the firm’s value-proposition and specifics of CSIM’s investment strategies to registered investment advisors, retirement plan consultants/advisors, and other financial professionals.
- Assisting field wholesalers with appointments as needed and on-site meeting coordination
- Providing consultative suggestions on appropriate product type, asset class, and use of our strategies to advisors using and considering our strategies.
- Utilizing performance analytics tools to aid in our clients’ due diligence efforts to determine appropriateness of our products with their end-investor relationships.
- Providing proactive on-going communication with clients and prospects, including portfolio performance updates and attribution analysis, as well as maintaining support throughout the relationship cycle.
- Managing smaller advisor relationships outside the scope of the field wholesaler’s priorities.
- Travel into the territory for Schwab sponsored events, industry conferences, and co-meetings with field wholesalers.
- Coordinating, promoting, and hosting regional investment events and webinars.
- Updating and maintaining the CRM database and utilize data mining tools to identify new prospective clients.
What you have:
- Ability to articulate investment product features and benefits and speak knowledgeably about philosophy, process, portfolio holdings, and the rationale behind portfolio construction.
- Knowledge of the capital markets, asset allocation concepts, and the asset management industry.
- Working experience with RIAs, Retirement plan providers/consultants, or National/Regional Broker-Dealers is preferred.
- Candidate should be internally motivated with a competitive spirit
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and other investment analytic tools a plus.
- Exhibit an ability to collaborate with key internal stakeholders within a sales organization.
- Ability to travel into the territory 1-2 times quarterly.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- NASD Licenses Series 7, 63 Required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018