Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The role of the Product Owner is a pivotal one. Product Owners are expected to be aware of industry trends, their client’s needs and the fundamentals of software solutions. In addition, they are expected to have a good grasp of competitive offerings. Product Owners convert their understanding of the marketplace and client needs into product requirements (user stories) for their Scrum team(s) in support of meeting their business objectives. They champion their products and lead cross-functional initiatives within a matrixed organizational.
What you’ll do:
- Aid in development and socialization of a strategic roadmap and product plan within the context of competitor’s offerings, critical client needs, pain points and business impact.
- Review and analyze relevant client and market information.
- Gather feedback from frontline Schwab staff.
- Prioritize future initiatives based on feasibility, market, client, regulatory and financial impact.
- May socialize product roadmap plan among key stakeholders
- Strive to ensure continuous alignment of business teams with product roadmap
- Act as the Product Owner for the Scrum team(s) that develop product solutions you are accountable for.
- Develop, adapt and convey the product vision to your Scrum team(s).
- Conduct product release planning sessions with the Scrum team.
- Write user stories and/or oversee and approve those written by others.
- Split user stories that are too big and/or oversee this activity.
- Specify the acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Responsible for ordering and grooming the product backlog continuously by being a direct participant in the Scrum team’s backlog grooming session.
- Responsible for deciding what to develop, as well as what not to develop, through direct participation in Sprint planning activities
- Provide feedback to the development team during the Daily Scrum
- Required to attend the Scrum team’s Sprint Review
- Accept the completion of user stories as they are demonstrated by the Scrum team
- Lead the definition of product success criteria (cost, quality/scope and time-to-market)
- Daily responsibilities might include: communicate ongoing risks, scope trade-offs, timeline impacts and budget impacts to stakeholders to ensure alignment
- May support the business implementation process for the new and/or enhanced product.
- May lead efforts to ensure that the operating infrastructure supporting the product is properly organized, documented and deployed.
- May ensure that training and support resources are provided to frontline staff as appropriate.
- Maintain products to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and continued achievement of business goals and objectives. May be responsible for some or all of the following:
- In partnership with technology, establish service level agreements that address product scale, availability and performance standards.
- Obtain client feedback on enhancements and defects. Manage the process for prioritizing these to maximize business benefits.
- Obtain ongoing adoption and client satisfaction feedback. Use feedback to prioritize future enhancements.
- Capture qualitative and quantitative metrics for defining product performance and success.
What you have:
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources (internal, primary and secondary research) and synthesize them to uncover trends that draw out relevant and actionable conclusions.
- Be able to conceptualize solutions that leverage current technologies through the understanding of industry trends, internal business drivers and client needs.
- Translate needs and business imperatives from product vision and roadmaps for use in setting priorities and guiding the work of the Scrum team(s).
- Ability to think and act creatively by stepping outside standard convention and identify potential “out of the box” solutions.
- Apply management and collaboration skills to orchestrate and maximize the work and deliverables of cross-organization and cross-functional teams assigned to product initiatives.
- Possess the ability to maintain focus and drive results in all business cycles and environments. Demonstrate adaptability when projects need to deviate from original plans or shift direction based on changing needs and priorities.
- Be a great listener – Understand the value of listening to client needs and have the ability to understand the deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed.
- Servant Leadership – Able to garner respect from your Scrum team(s), lead and demonstrate value-add principles, and willing and able to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Attitude of transparency – Desire and ability to bring disclosure and transparency to the Scrum team and grow trust between the business and development.
- Conflict resolution: Able to facilitate discussion of issues and different approaches and alternatives, and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Fully educated and conversant on the Scrum process according to the Scrum Guide and can apply their understanding in practical terms for the teams they are a part of.
- A thorough understanding and appreciation for the Agile values and principles.
- Thorough understanding of and proven ability to:
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Split large stories into smaller stories
- Groom the backlog
- Conduct Release planning
- Conduct Sprint planning
- Navigate the Sprint review activities
- 3-5 years of expereince as a Product Owner on a Scrum team.
- Have led teams as an Agile Product Owner in a large, complex, enterprise environment where successful projects potentially involve more than 1 Scrum team.
- Srong grasp of software development and technology.
- Prior experience using Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- Able to collaborate with Marketing, Public Relations and Internal Communications to create compelling product materials and communication.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, March 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018