Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our goal in Global Payroll Operations is to provide accurate and timely compensation to all employees while complying with legal and regulatory requirements, to include and not limited to, tax filing and monthly GL reconciliation. In addition, we strive to deliver a seamless user experience by leveraging the Employee Experience Guiding Principles. This is accomplished through the adoption and promotion of employee self-help tools, automation and constant review of service levels.
As an International Payroll Tax Manager, you will oversee the company’s international payroll function and related compliance with federal and local reporting requirements in various jurisdictions. You will interface directly with payroll resources while assisting with the coordination and monitoring of global payroll processing locations, including the UK, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee foreign in-house payroll processing and manages third-party processing vendor to assure service delivery excellence, accurate and timely payments, and compliance with reporting requirements.
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislations, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Manage and maintain payroll information by defining business requirements and associated system setup, directing the collection, calculation, and entry of foreign tax and payroll data.
- Coordinate with US Payroll Manager and personnel to ensure accurate payroll processing between countries.
- Audit all foreign payroll activities, including the design and or preparation of payroll/compliance reports.
- Work with US compensation team to provide necessary tax information to payroll vendors when employees' RSUs vest or stock options are exercised as part of Key Contributor awards.
- Maintain global payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in payroll and reporting compliance; and benchmarks against internal processes to drive change.
- Propose and implement process and system efficiencies to ensure highly accurate, compliant, efficient payroll processing.
- Manage and/or execute analysis and testing for payroll system modifications or enhancements.
- Coordinate with Accounting and Treasury functions to facilitate accurate recording, payment and reconciliation of payroll liabilities and associated general ledger accounts.
- Manage and maintain operational/quality measures, payroll business metrics and associated controls.
- Work with Payroll Tax Manager on year end process and projects associated with foreign tax reporting.
- Assist in month-end and year-end accounting close and accrual process.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Stock, Relocation, Bonus, Expats
- Develop solid relationships with management and foreign office personnel, facilitating positive employee experiences and ultimately ensuring timely payment and recording of payroll liabilities.
- Research international payroll requirements
- Participate in system maintenance to execute activities
- Work closely with other internal departments including Accounting, Accounts Payable, Human Resources (including Compensation, Benefits and HRIS), Legal, Payroll Tax and Treasury and coordinate and monitor external payroll externally and across groups / functions to resolve and coordinate issues, gain needed information
- Access service providers to ensure the Company’s pay policies are aligned, effective and properly administered.
- Assist the Director, Global Payroll, the Manager with developing and managing the department goals, budget and expenses.
- Assist with special projects and/or company initiatives.
What you have:
- At least 8 years of US payroll and 5 years of international payroll experience, with progressing levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of State and Federal payroll tax laws and regulations
- Knowledge of foreign payroll guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Experience with the collection, calculation, and entry of foreign tax and payroll data.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field is desired
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Experience with payroll software and data querying is required; Workday payroll, preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel (e.g., V-lookups, pivot tables, and mathematical formulas); Access is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Human Resources-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, March 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018