Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a DevOps Engineer who is responsible for Monitoring our platforms availability, performance, deep triaging ofincidents, and supporting our development, technology and business partners’ needs. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter, loves identifying and solving problems, communicates well, and is passionate about cloud services, technology and the web.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for operational delivery and Production support focusing on proactive monitoring, rapid response for PaaS and Application services
- Perform proactive daily system monitoring including reviewing system and application logs as well as responding to, triaging,troubleshooting and remediating incidents.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders and clients, escalating where appropriate.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications
- Identify applications reliability and availability improvements, establish and build solutions to continue to drive an improved experience.
- Develop and manage continuous deployment and integrate solutions
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc
- Collaborate with Engineering, Scrum and Ops resources to provide technical expertise and support on key initiatives for system availability and reliability.
What you have:
- Experience in Operational Support and DevOps technologies
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering Windows and Unix systems, fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems, evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other technical members of the organization is required.
- Proficient in one or more of the following scripting languages (Shell, Ruby, Python, Perl and PowerShell)
- Familiarity with logging/application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios, etc..)
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks and provisioning new hardware as necessary
- Run software performance analysis and system tuning
- Experience with debugging using Windbg and/or Netmon/Wireshark
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with PCF/Azure/Google Compute Cloud will be preferred
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Go or other related tools)
- Experience with TFS and/or Git, JIRA and related Atlassian stack (confluence, stash, hipchat)
- Experience with environment provisioning and deployment automation (Chef/Puppet)
- Experience with Web Servers (IIS/ Tomcat/JBoss/IBM WebSphere)
- Able to work well with global teams
- Flexibility to operate in an environment with changing demands and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, March 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 14, 2018