San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This candidate will play a critical role in progressing the CSIM Technology vision to create a safer operating environment for the CSIM business. This role is responsible for delivering the portfolio management process for Equities (Passive, Multi-Asset strategies) and Fixed Income (Taxable Bond strategy) on the strategic platform. The CSIM business has very strong growth projections in these strategies which cannot be realized without getting leverage through Technology. Simultaneously CSIM oversight has also identified several operating events in their portfolio construction process that need immediate attention. The candidate will need to work closely with the business to deliver new capabilities on the strategic platform while also patching the current production environment to immediately de-risk critical operating events.
What you’ll do:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology leader with a proven record of software delivery to a front office investment management business.
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Personal Characteristics
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you have:
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- 10+ years of experience in front office technology software development for an investment management firm
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience leading an information technology software delivery organization across multiple technical and investment management product disciplines.
- Extensive experience leading solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon budgets and timeframes
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments
- Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process and business change management
- Leadership & Management
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, March 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018