Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Mutual Fund Operations falls under the Asset Management Operations umbrella. This organization maintains 650+ Mutual Fund Family relationships with daily trading volumes that exceed $1 Billion. Our goal: To be the most admired and respected trading and operations group within the industry.
What you’ll do:
This is a Senior Specialist position on the Mutual Fund Operations Trading Team. The Team is based on a functional model with its main focus being Mutual Fund Trading. Senior Specialists are responsible for functions related to Mutual Funds Trade processing and assisting the Team Manager. Contact with internal and external business partners occurs daily, therefore strong verbal and written communications skills are a key to success in this role.
***Note: Applicants must be able and willing to rotate work assignments and shifts as required by this functional model.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Mutual Fund Trade Order Entry and Placement, Mutual Fund Trade Order Verification and Cash Settlement, Mutual Fund Pricing and reconciliation of Schwab's Mutual Fund Trading
- Books and Records, Stock Breaks Research and Resolution, Cash Breaks Research and Resolution.
- Due to the associated high level of financial risk within these responsibilities, attention to detail, and accuracy are basic expectations of the role.
- Individuals will provide expertise and direction to the team as needed. Key success factors include complex problem solving skills, flexibility, and quick learner.
Priorities include the following:
- Expected to consistently support and help team members and the enterprise meet goals and service level agreements
- Works as team \Subject Matter Expert and participates in daily workload of the team, but at a more experienced/technical level
- Ability to be a departmental resource by possessing the knowledge of understanding the big picture
- Performs in depth system testing and independently in owns projects
- Demonstrates leadership at both the project and team support levelsDemonstrates urgency and responsiveness to all day to day tasks, team goals, and objectives
- Assists Manager in increasing team efficiency
- Proactively communicates detailed updates to Manager on responsibilities outside of the day to day operations
- Sets an example to others with respect to knowledge, conduct, professionalism, and workflow
What you have:
- Knowledge/Understanding in Mutual Fund Industry
- Intermediate Desktop computer skills including Windows and Excel
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (Verbal/Written)
- Series 7/63 licenses are required
- BA or BS preferred
- Exhibits expert technical knowledge - analyzing information/process enhancement learning Schwab’s systems
- Experience in Mutual Fund Trading & Schwab Broker Dealer System
- Experience performing testing, enhancement, and/or project efforts independently
You will demonstrate thes behaviors:
- Strong client service focus
- Problem solving and customer service skills and a working knowledge of departmental functions, systems, policies, and relevant regulations
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, March 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018