Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is seeking intelligent, passionate and driven individuals to join the Financial Planning & Analysis Technology solution delivery team. The candidate will be expected to deliver high-quality development work and build an understanding of the business needs and processes of internal clients ranging from Central Finance and Profitability Analysis to Management and Regulatory Reporting, Treasury and Risk.
The Staff Developer is a motivated, self-driven individual, versed in financial planning and analysis processes and TM1 or other financial modeling software. The role’s main focus centers on working within the TM1 development team for designing, building, and delivering on business needs, leveraging Cognos TM1 among other best-in-class third-party products. The ideal candidate will place a high value on teamwork, is inquisitive and analytical with demonstrated expertise in gaining agreement for solution proposals, possessing a strong execution orientation with excellent communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Function as a developer on the TM1 scrum team
- Contribute to designs for security, resiliency and scalability focusing on long term solutions.
- Capitalize on the benefits of new technologies for improved technology management and user experience
- Never stop learning and work to become a thought leader in all facets of Finance Business Intelligence
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines and be flexible to adapt to quickly changing business requirements
- Develop resources to assist other teams/developers more effectively build BI apps on the enterprise analytic platform
- Periodic travel required
What you have:
- 3-5 years IBM Cognos TM1 solution design, development, and delivery or other tool such as Hyperion
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Experience working in the Cognos TM1 10.2.2 environment and knowledge in administration of Cognos Business Intelligence Suite
- Functional experience in Finance on major ERP systems like PeopleSoft or SAP
- SQL experience and familiarity with data warehouse tables and a basic understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Experience in Budgeting and Forecasting, preferably on Cognos Enterprise Planning or related platform.
- Solid understanding of BI functionality and web-tier architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Science, or Business degree.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Optional: Experience with IBM SPSS and tools like IBM Command Center, Zenoss and xMatters. IBM Cognos Certified a plus
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, March 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018