Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Move Money Solutions Operations team within Middle Office Services is responsible for moving assets into, out of, and between Schwab accounts. We provide service to both retail investors and independent advisors. We aspire to create client loyalty by providing quality and timely move money transactions between Schwab and Financial Services firms. Our goal is to be a leader within the industry, while focusing on employee development and collaborating among business partners.
What you’ll do:
The Move Money Solutions (MMS) Operation Manager position requires a dynamic leader who can motivate, inspire and develop a diverse team responsible for performing and executing on our Organization’s purpose and mission. In this role, you will manage a multi-facet team that provides production and product support for MMS. This is a fast paced, detail-oriented, high volume, and deadline-driven environment requiring the ability to build and foster relationships across the firm in order to be successful. This leader will sserve as the primary contact between our business partners cashiering technology and the Middle Office Services platform team to ensure that business requirements for new products and enhancements are well-documented and transformed into conceptual technical solutions that support business strategies. This leader will need to have the aability to handle complex issues and/or problems proactively and independently where solutions may not always be evident. In addition to a background in Brokerage/banking Operations and Technology, the ideal candidate should possess experience effectively leading people at different stages in their career and professional development.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Proven ability to write business requirements, including user stories, use case development and work flow documentation
- Experience in software development methodology (Agile & RUP) Prior working knowledge of JIRA or any related Scrum tools preferred
- Strong orientation to clients, including ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to product enhancements, online user experience, and communication content (internal and external)
- Passion for the user experience and the ability to see things from a user perspective
- Ability to analyze and communicate technology recommendations to business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business
- High attention to detail and the ability to see things through from concept to implementation
- Ability to align and unify ALL stakeholders to a shared vision and a common focus; including senior leaders
- Confidence in presenting both strategic and tactical vision to the team and management for both big-picture planning and day-to-day management of project goal
- Product and project management skills. Business judgment, including ability to balance resources, evaluate and address risks, and concisely articulate where trade-off decisions are to be made
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Strong leadership, motivational and coaching skills that cultivates a strong and engaging environment
- Excellent customer service skills as well as focus on improving the client experience
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to build alignment through partnership and collaboration
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to set priorities and proactively solve issues in a dynamic multi-tasking environment
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk by adhering to department and firm policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Move Money Infrastructure
- Series 7 & 63 licenses required
- Series 9 & 10 (or 24) licenses are required or a condition of employment
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading Business Analysts managing requirements for multiple large, complex and cross functional projects. Emphasis on systems, technologies, business process redesign, and knowledge of technical environments preferred
- Strategic mindset to help drive product management decisions, governance and long-term vision
- Ability and desire to effectively and efficiently work in a collaborative team environment
- Competence in Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Maintains commitment to goals, in the face of obstacles and frustrations
- Shares information, advice and suggestions to help others to be more successful; provides effective coaching.
- Facilitates groups or teams through the problem solving and creative thinking processes leading to the development and implementation of new approaches, systems, structures, and methods.
- Encourages individuals and groups to set their own goals, consistent with business goals.
- Identifies and proposes solutions that benefit all parties involved in a situation.
- Sponsors the development of new products, services, methods, or procedures.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, FL - Orlando
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018