Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Manager will work with a diverse team responsible for performing and executing the firm's Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence processes. The position will report to the Sr. Team Manager and is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
- Verify our client's identification
- Conduct risk based investigative searches
- Work with 3rd party sources and internet research to understand the nature and purpose of the client’s accounts
- Create risk memos for each client
- Manages daily batch of high risk profiles
- Identify and recommend solutions to issues impacting Risk and Controls
- Build and manage relationships with the Organization Account Teams, International Teams, Financial Consultants, CVRC and AML Investigations and Monitoring Teams
- Additional projects and tasks based on business and regulatory needs
What you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in financial services required.
- AML and/or Brokerage preferred Flexible and adaptable in handling change and understands how that change will impact the team as well as internal Business Partners
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment
- Experience in transaction analysis, use of online research tools and report writing
- Experience in AML and OFAC policies and applicable regulatory requirements
- Solid understanding of various corporate structures and purposes behind such structures
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and think analytically
- Organized and strong ability to prioritize while coordinating multiple processes
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Client service orientation service skills Experience with MS Word and Excel
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018