Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Risk Analytics team is situated in Corporate Risk Management. The team utilizes third party quantitative models to estimate the potential impact on Schwab’s financial statements resulting from various future economic outcomes.
Brief Description of Role:
The Market Risk/Interest Rate Risk Analyst will help support the risk analytics team with respect to the interest rate risk process, which includes Capital Stress Testing, Board Reporting and ad hoc analysis. The analyst’s responsibilities will cover both utilizing and monitoring the quantitative models employed by the risk analytics team. This position will require an in-depth understanding of financial institution balance sheets, knowledge about complex fixed income instruments, such as RMBS, CMOs, CMBS, and consumer ABS, as well as an understanding of derivative contracts.
What you’ll do:
- Perform interest rate, prepayment, and counterparty risk analysis for fixed income securities and derivative contracts.
- Conduct model performance monitoring and back-testing analysis.
- Test changes and enhancements to modeling software and provide an analysis of the results.
- Perform standard reporting for model methodologies, results, valuation and back-testing.
- Assist with balance sheet and fixed income product modeling for risk monitoring and stress testing.
- Provide insight into model functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
- Support process improvement initiatives, including the automation of analytic and reporting processes.
What you have:
- At least an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably with an emphasis in financial and statistical analysis.
- 2 to 4 years of experience with fixed income analytics and modeling; experience with PolyPaths analytic products is desired.
- Experience with the following would be beneficial: Bloomberg, LaTeX, R, R Markdown, SQL, and Tableau.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and is detail oriented.
- The ability to self-manage and work on multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex financial and technical concepts.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018