Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Model Risk Management is a strategic function within the broader Corporate Risk Management umbrella that utilizes a broad spectrum of models to create innovative products for our clients, and to prudently manage our financial risk using sophisticated quantitative approaches. The Model Risk Management team plays a key role in identifying, reviewing, and monitoring all of the models used throughout the company.
We are looking for a quality control/quality assurance oriented candidate to play a critical part in the growing responsibilities of the Model Risk Management team. In this role you will perform quality checks on MRM reports, data, and processes, and work to enhance the existing QA/QC framework. You will also ensure that all work performed by the MRM function adheres to the department’s policies, and procedures. You will work with senior management to report quality issues and trends, and communicate deficiencies to stakeholders. Additionally, you will participate in independent testing and validation of MRM’s model inventory data and applications.
What you’ll do:
- Provide quality control and quality assurance review for reports, data, and processes for the MRM team.
- Review and approve governance reports. Ensure that all reports cover the required scope as outlined in the MRM policies and procedures.
- Perform gap analyses on model inventory data. Create and enhance data controls where applicable.
- Create QA/QC reports, disseminate reports to the proper stakeholders, and resolve issues that arise.
- Create and maintain unit tests for MRM applications and systems. Ensure that unit tests provide sufficient code coverage. Resolve code issues quickly and efficiently.
- Create and maintain regression tests for MRM processes and applications. Ensure that baseline functionality and integrity of MRM systems is maintained. Perform system stress tests on MRM systems and applications proactively, and close gaps.
- Manage the implementation of major projects aligned with a structured change management process to ensure that thorough testing is complete prior to deployment.
- Track and resolve quality issues in the department. Identify quality trends that can be used to enhance processes and testing.
What you have:
- 2+ years of related experience in a relevant field (software/hardware, risk management, model development, audit/regulatory examinations, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical discipline (engineering, technology, finance, economics, accounting, hard sciences, etc.); master's degree highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, process optimization skills, and the ability to quantitatively analyze the effectiveness of a process..
- Knowledge of the controls and techniques use to ensure the integrity of processes and technical tools (software, databases, etc.) is preferred.
- Data analysis skills and knowledge of associated tools (e.g., Excel, MATLAB, SAS, R, Python, etc.) and techniques (e.g., filtering/sorting, reconciling, reporting, analysis).
- Experience with databases, such as MS Access, and collaboration tools, such as SharePoint is helpful.
- Experience performing independent gap analysis and audits is helpful.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages and analytical tools is preferred (C++, C#, Java, VBA, Python, MATLAB, R, SAS, etc.).
- Strong analytical, written, presentation and oral communication skills with experience in communicating with senior management.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018