Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Michelle Lynn Huber
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The FC Academy – Investor Development Manager works with Financial Consultant Academy participants during their Acquisition Delivery rotation to foster their professional growth through effective coaching. The focus is to ensure team members are encouraged, coached and provided the necessary resources to effectively build and strengthen the consultative sales and relationships skills necessary to successfully transition to a Branch role. The manager will contribute to the retention of top talent through a focus on employee engagement, creation of a positive work culture and a strong orientation to personal growth and development.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services.
What you’ll do:
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Display Schwab Leadership Behaviors and Beliefs, Represent the Schwab brand, The Promise and Own your Tomorrow in all interactions.
- Deliver coaching and development through individualized EDGE coaching and Situational Leadership II.
- Effectively adopt and teach new tools and capabilities by acting as a champion of change.
- Integrate corporate-led initiatives, owning the message and translating it into your own leadership message.
- Communicate with a flexible and adaptable leadership style to best connect with others, including team members, business partners, fellow leaders and clients.
- Reinforce and effectively communicate to team members about impact to daily work requirements.
- Lead and inspire staff through effective communication and coaching, creating a culture of success and trust across all employees. Lead by example and demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with Schwab’s values.
- Earn and be worthy of our clients’ and team members’ trust.
- Contribute to positive employee engagement results, taking action to address those areas where improvement is possible and/or necessary.
- Through collaboration, effective communication and teamwork, network with employees in branch and externally across departments to resolve issues, gain needed information, and influence outcomes.
- Drive for process improvements that lead to improved efficiencies and greater client experience. Encourage idea generation and innovation.
- Practice and teach effective time management and resource utilization.
- Work closely with the FC Academy Cohort Coach to ensure branch readiness before graduation.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
- Excellent working knowledge of Schwab's retail products and services. Must know the features and benefits of all products and services in our offer spectrum (have the ability/desire to learn).
- Strong communication, coaching, mentoring and consultative sales skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, as well as a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Follow the proper risk & compliance policies and procedures that deliver the best outcome for our clients and protect the company’s reputation. Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Listen and observe participants sales practices to gain full understanding and provide on-going risk management and sales coaching. Practice strict operational discipline.
- Be a good steward of the Schwab brand and stockholder value.
- Be familiar with the rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to his/her business unit and seeking compliance or legal advice when necessary.
- Implement and enforce Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. policies, procedures and supervisory systems for all the individuals subject to his/her supervision (including individuals who are supervisors). This includes compliance with The Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. compliance manual, business unit specific policies/procedures, federal/state securities laws/regulations and applicable rules of FINRA, NASD, MSRB, CBOE, NFA and exchanges of which Charles Schwab & Co Inc. is a member.
- Engage in reasonable efforts to determine that all individuals, including supervisors, subject to his/her supervision are qualified by virtue of experience, licensing and training.
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7
- Active and valid FINRA Series 66 (63/65) (may be obtained within 120 days of employment)
- Active and valid FINRA Series 9/10 (may be obtained within 120 days of employment)
- Active and valid Life & Health Insurance license (may be obtained within 120 days of employment)
- Bachelor's Degree Required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, April 16, 2018