Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
Charles Ott Jones
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Stock Plan Services Technology team is responsible for building applications to support the equity compensation business. These solutions are essential to manage company’s equity compensation plans, taxation, reporting, and much more.
What you’ll do:
Do you want to be part of a team that implements secure and extensible industry leading applications? Do you have a passion for building state of the art systems? The SPS Technology team is looking for a Senior Manager, Software Applications Engineer to lead and manage production support and platform maintenance activities across our portfolio of products and systems. The role includes the leadership and management of both full time employees and contractors, including the vendor relationships with partner firms. The role requires a leader who will focus on improving the software quality, platform and technology service provided to the SPS business.
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology leader experienced in managing production operations and Agile software delivery teams within the financial services industry.
Qualifications & Experience
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- At least 10 years’ experience managing technology teams focused on software delivery and production operations with a strong breadth of capabilities including ITIL, monitoring and alerting, Java, .NET, SQL, XML, API, design patterns, database design, cloud technologies, linux/unix administration
- Extensive experience leading solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals
- Extensive experience working in, and leading, Agile (Scrum) delivery teams with a focus on continuous improvement and a track record of high performance
- Extensive experience leading production operations teams with a focus on process efficiency for Change, Incident, Problem, Service management, as well as, depth of knowledge in monitoring and alerting capability for distributed applications
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments
- Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process and business change management
Leadership & Management
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018 Apply Here