Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Lee Ann Leonhart
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Client Service & Support (CS&S) is the primary service and trading arm for Schwab Investor Services. The vision for CS&S is to provide exceptional and scalable client service across all client segments while attracting, retaining and developing top talent and to delight clients by creating memorable service experiences and by always viewing the relationship through client’s eyes.
The VP, CS&S – Westlake will serve as a member of the senior leadership team for CS&S as well as a location leader for Westlake. The position provides strategic leadership for the development, communication and execution of the Schwab Investor Services strategy across CS&S. The scope for this leadership role includes oversight for an employee base of 300+ and 4 direct reports providing world class client service for Email Services, and Brokerage Services for new investors, high net worth investors and even Active Trader clients.
The VP for CS&S will bring a leadership presence to the Dallas/Fort Worth community with a focus on customer service, growth and staff development through motivation, performance management and employee engagement. In this key role, the Vice President will support the business strategy by:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate big-picture vision and strategy, and deliver results through practical, disciplined execution.
- Motivate and inspire others by aligning organizational, team and individual goals with the Investor Services business strategy.
- Promote and support a collaborative culture with a focus on driving consistency amongst CS&S sites and areas.
- Develop a team enhancing client loyalty through relationship building and improving the client experience.
- Develop and monitor key metrics to identify trends and new consumer insights, to drive continuous optimization/
- Analyze issues and develop plans on a systemic level, thinking through potential connections and impact across the Schwab ecosystem, and develop roadmaps to achieve long term vision through short term deliverables
- Impacting business results and enhancing the firm’s position relative to competitors, pricing/value, net new assets, and total client assets
- Deliver financial results against plan through revenue growth, profit margin, earnings growth, and return on equity
- Deliver operational results through operating discipline including, headcount, budgets, financial metrics, maintaining a sound system of internal controls and risk management
- Create an environment to enhance employee engagement; actively listening to and acting upon the voice of the field
- Championing talent development including initiatives supporting acquisition efforts of top, local talent
- Understanding our client orientation and how external forces impact clients, competitors, the industry and improves client satisfaction/client promoter scores
The successful candidate must be fully committed to serving the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. He/she will bring a strong leadership presence and support the brand across Colorado through conceptualized planning, strong organizational and communication skills, and will be effective establishing and obtaining commitment to business goals, while constructively motivating people and implementing strategies to achieve superior business results including quality and productivity.
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in a service, operations or sales capacity where a premium was placed on customer service orientation.
- High-level expertise in multiple job processes and extensive knowledge of related regulatory requirements.
- Makes sound, timely decisions in managing the operations of high-visibility channels, with keen attention to procedures and regulatory requirements, and in response to client and field input to address issues and opportunities.
- Results oriented leader who takes the initiative and effectively distills strategy, analytics, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through to execution
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated success with staffing, capacity planning, and traffic management are necessary for sustained success and able to capitalize on opportunities to operate more efficiently and with transparency.
- Strong detail and process orientation using metrics to measure productivity and progress.
- Able to stand up for brave ideas and take smart risks; executing with the right combination of urgency and analysis and prioritizing ruthlessly making tough choices when necessary.
- Courageous leader who develops followership and builds high performing, diverse, cross-functional work teams of both direct and not direct team members rallied around the strategy.
- Experienced in effectively assessing, selecting and developing talent for the firm adept at providing balanced, direct and actionable feedback to employees. Experience managing multiple priorities and overseeing distinct teams with varied strengths.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence.
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside; highly collaborative; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos.
- Exceptionally client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Proven oral and written communication skills, including experience developing and delivering presentations to senior management and large audiences
- Series 7, 63, 9 & 10 required or obtained within 180 days of hire
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018