Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Core Technology Solutions (CTS) is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization with the primary objective to provide robust, highly available applications that promote a consistent client experience.
CTS QA is looking for a leader in defining innovative and effective software testing practices across a broad range of technology platforms. The group has established strong partnerships with both technology and business teams, as well as the centralized project services organization.
This position provides opportunities to work innovatively and collaboratively with business and technology partners to execute to Schwab’s vision to be the most trusted leader in investment services
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for ongoing, continuous improvement in testing efficiency and effectiveness through the use of innovative QA practices and tools, and close collaboration with the development and business organizations.
- Design, develop and implement Test Automation Frameworks for business critical products.
- Negotiates overall product quality standards with development and business stakeholders.
- Defines and implements effective risk mitigation strategies for all testing-related risks.
- Oversee all aspects of automation testing including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Develop tests to address the full stack automation (database, web services and UI).
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
- Mentor on QA, network with other Automation teams in Schwab; derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies leveraging tools like Jenkins/Bamboo with a DevOps philosophy.
What you have:
- 5-8 years of experience in building and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks
- Experience with open-source test automation tools (Selenuim for UI Testing and Parasoft for web testing)Experience with Atlassian Tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Zephyr, Bamboo)
- Experience testing ETL tools, and experience with data validation software, preferably Informatica Data Validation Option (DVO) and SQL
- Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testers and Business partners
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior team members
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Flexible driver of creative solutions who will thrive in a dynamic and emerging team
- Exploratory testing knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018