Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Lee Ann Leonhart
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Office of the CTO, the Vice President of Delivery Experience is responsible for Schwab Technology Services-wide vision and implementation of product development practices and tooling from: planning, through design, development, testing, agile, CI/CD, RE/RM and Schwab’s Service Availability Engineering practices. The VP will oversee the implementation, development and maintenance of product delivery methdologies, standards and tools for Schwab. Additional Responsibilities include:
- Delivering the best experience to our technologists to deliver innovative, reliable and sustainable products/value to our clients.
- Standardizing the product development lifecycle (PDLC) for Schwab while leading the adoption of Agile practices including scrum, Kanban, and lean.
- Overseeing all tools and dashboards supporting release planning and management and driving the DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CICD) practice and pipeline.
- Institutionalizing behavior driven development (BDD) and test-driven development (TDD) while ensuring all support, tooling and practices will be driven with scale, automation and toil-elimination focus.
- Managing standardized source code control practices and tooling, as well as branch, release and version standards.
- Standardizing our Quality practices, tools and environments.
- Partnering with the CloudOperations team to ensure private cloud practices are reflective of standard/best practices.
- Partnering with Enterprise Architecture to align practices and tooling with governance as well as with Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) on change management practices and standards.
- Collaborating with distributed Service Availability Engineering (SAVE) teams on incident management and service restoration practices; working employees and contractors, including agile coaches, engineers and support staff.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in a technology, operations or service management and leadership roles in a diversified financial services and advisory environment; 5+ years of product development experience in private and/or public cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated capacity of success in a heavy Agile/scrum environment as well as tenured experience as a software developer, preferably in Java and cloud, delivering multiple client-facing products.
- Demonstrated success leading teams, preferably a size of 100-200 resources in multiple geographic locations.
- A true developer advocate who thoughtfully builds a culture of developer-centric innovation and efficiency.
- Curious and Innovative. Asks tough questions and challenges the process while seeking out strong engagement from business partners across the enterprise.
- Purpose driven leader who displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed including championing ideas, position or dissent.
- Ability to proactively synthesize information and fully develop insights to guide decision rights. Able to create a vision aligned with the goals and purpose of the technology business, demonstrating new thinking and encouraging new ideas and creativity across multiple functions.
- An exceptional communicator able to effectively persuade and influence across channels with a purpose. Competence in interacting with and influencing senior leaders across Operations and multiple account services, business partners, and cross functional senior leadership through innovative and creative means.
- Builds extremely strong relationships through collaboration across multiple levels of the organization motivating colleagues to get things done effectively; is sought out for counsel and feedback and contributes to cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Strong influence skills with the ability to shape, define and present a complete and thorough picture of Schwab’s Technology environment including developing thoughtfully-written action plans and clear/regular communication to executive management.
- Proven ability to find a balance in developing programs effectively meeting potentially differing regulatory requirements and expectations while being effective for business partners.
- Relationship-oriented and emotionally mature senior leader who manages complex, multi-stakeholder issues with resilience, embraces others’ perspectives and understands the limits to their own points of view.
- Exceptionally client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- BA/BS degree require―advanced degree preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018