Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 300 offices and 8.6 million active brokerage accounts, 1.52 million corporate retirement plan participants, 801,000 banking accounts, and $1.83 trillion in client assets. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Throughout its 40-year history, Schwab has a track record of innovation, launching new products and processes and creating a business model that delivers strong value for clients and shareholders.
We are seeking a talented Sr. Technical Lead who will provide technical leadership, direction, and support for the Finance and Corp. Administration Technology team within Schwab Technology Services. The role of the Technical Lead requires a dynamic individual capable of managing simultaneous medium-to-complex, cross-functional projects, supporting a variety of applications as well as maintaining close working relationships with business partners and technical teams including a broad range of internal clients ranging from Accounting and Central Finance to Management, External and Regulatory Reporting, Treasury, and Risk.
What you’ll do:
The Technical Lead provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and problem solving / solution engineering skills supporting the Agile development and delivery of our applications. The Technical Lead will be responsible for delivering upon Finance Technology strategy in accordance with Schwab Enterprise Architecture policies and standards, while enabling the Agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments, and promoting empowerment.
The Tech Lead position is highly responsible and accountable and will challenge the teams to deliver highly functional, secure, and resilient integrated solutions. This position requires deep technical understanding of software development and technology.
- Drive Enterprise solution engineering in conjunction with Domain, Product and Functional experts.
- Oversee high-quality, innovative and resilient solution delivery including design and code reviews, assist the team with test planning, unit, functional, system, and end user acceptance testing and driving test automation plans.
- Establish and maintain technical design specifications and related artifacts.
- Foster the core Agile principles of collaboration, team accountability, and visibility.
- Identify and remove impediments and prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the development team to deliver.
- Facilitate technical discussion and conflict resolution within and across teams, including with broader Schwab Technology community.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies, and major milestones, and manage the agreed upon user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
What you have:
- 5 years’ experience developing and/orintegrating applications developed in C#/.NET or Java; Microsoft SSRS.
- 6-10 years’ experience with relational SQL databases such as Oracle 10g or higher, SQLServer 2012 or higher, or Teradata. OLAP experience desired.
- A min. 5 years’ experience in supporting 3rd party products both on premise and Saas and interfacing with vendor providers
- Ability to perform business systems analysis when called upon
- Experience with ETL products such as Informatica or Microsoft SSIS is a plus
Familiarity with Finance business processes and regulatory requirements
ITSM practitioner with an emphasis on Service Strategy and Service Design, and Problem, Change, Release, and Configuration Management processes.
Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
Experience working within an Agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise; thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile values
Highly adaptable to changing environment
Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
Ability to coach and develop teams to reach their highest potential
Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
Must be collaborative in driving decisions
Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail; ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
Excellent verbal skills, including conducting/leading client meetings, conducting presentations and advising support team on technical issues.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Management, Math, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018