Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 300 offices and 8.6 million active brokerage accounts, 1.52 million corporate retirement plan participants, 801,000 banking accounts, and $1.83 trillion in client assets. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Throughout its 40-year history, Schwab has a track record of innovation, launching new products and processes and creating a business model that delivers strong value for clients and shareholders.
We are seeking a talented Sr. Business Systems Analyst who will analyze complex business problems, provide functional and technical leadership and determine the direction for the software products delivered by Finance and Corp. Administration Technology team within Schwab Technology Services. The role of the Sr. Business Systems Analyst requires a dynamic individual capable of managing simultaneous medium-to-complex, cross-functional projects, supporting a variety of applications as well as maintaining close working relationships with business partners and technical teams including a broad range of internal clients ranging from Accounting and Central Finance to Management, External and Regulatory Reporting, Treasury, and Risk.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and problem solving / solution engineering skills supporting the Agile development and delivery of our applications.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for:
- Analyzing business opportunities including requirements elicitation and prioritization
- Translating business needs into effective and efficient technical solutions
- Capitalizing on the benefits of new technologies for business process improvement
- Leading solution design alternatives
- Delivering upon the integrated Finance business and technology strategy while enabling the Agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments, and promoting empowerment.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst position is highly responsible and accountable and will challenge the teams to deliver highly functional, secure, and resilient integrated solutions.
- Perform requirements fit/gap analyses
- Co-ordinate within and across IT, and other line of business teams as needed throughout the course of design/delivery/support
- Conducting task analysis and interacting with system users in order to identify chances for the improvement of integration, productivity and usability
- Assisting business units in the preparation of business process mapping and departmental procedures.
- Support Enterprise solution engineering in conjunction with Architect/Tech Leads, Domain, Product and Functional experts.
- Foster the core Agile principles of collaboration, team accountability, and visibility.
- Identify and remove impediments and prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the development team to deliver.
- Facilitate conflict resolution within and across teams, including with broader Schwab Technology community.
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies, and major milestones, and manage the agreed upon user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
What you have:
- Ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
- Passion for streamlining and integrating business processes and data
- Experience in working under pressure and tight deadlines and being flexible to adapt to quickly changing business requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products: PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prepare written reports and conduct oral presentations as well as communicate accurately, effectively and persuasively
- Ability to apply critical thinking and be creative and show initiative in problem solving, decision making and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate/aggressively follow up on incidents/problems, perform diagnosis, and provide resolution to minimize service interruption
- Ability to analyze and provide technical recommendations for: application integration, design and performance optimization
- Sound knowledge of documentation procedures, programming procedures and methods, operator instructions, and program flow charts.
- Ability to work with diverse group of professionals in close cooperation.
- A min. 5 years’ experience in supporting 3rd party products both on premise and Saas and interfacing with vendor providers
- Familiarity with Finance business processes and/or regulatory requirements
- Strong SQL experience and familiarity with data warehouse tables and a basic understanding of data warehouse concepts, preferred
- Experience with ETL products such as Informatica or Microsoft SSIS is a plus
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience working within an Agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise; thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile values
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to coach and develop teams to reach their highest potential
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018