Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The position is within the AML Compliance Department, part of the Financial Crimes Investigations (FCI) organization. The organization assists in the assessment of AML risk presented to our business and the affirmative commitment to comply with laws and regulations governing money laundering activities, those identified under OFAC, as well as other financial crimes. A key objective of the organization is our ongoing commitment to the Corporation’s abilities to meet regulatory obligations. Responsibilities of FCI extend beyond the AML program and include the Corporation’s Anti-Bribery and Identity Theft Program, Internal Investigations, and the safeguarding of customer and corporate assets against Fraud.
We are currently offering the opportunity for dynamic and engaging AML professionals to join our team as AML Monitoring Sr. Specialists to analyze and resolve account monitoring alerts generated by our Transaction Monitoring system through researching Client Central, Web CSR, and other source systems for possible money laundering attempts or other financial crimes, against CS&Co. and Charles Schwab Bank. The AML Monitoring Specialists will help build out our Colorado AML presence in close partnership with our San Francisco based team.
What you’ll do:
· Perform all of the core functions of the AML Monitoring Specialist position at a high level of proficiency, which includes: review transaction monitoring alerts for AML/unusual activity; perform research using Schwab systems, 3rd party systems, and open source media; maintain knowledge of AML red flags and industry trends; and a demonstrated proficiency in meeting individual proficiency targets.
· Complete FINCEN 341a alerts, utilizing 3rd party research tools, and escalating true matches to business partners.
· Conduct demonstrations of the AML Monitoring processes and systems to internal business partners, internal testing and auditing teams, and external regulators
· Assist management with new hire onboarding and training, including operating as a new hire’s main point of contact for initial alert handling questions and feedback
· Make independent decisions regarding AML transaction monitoring alert handling and workload, supporting AML Monitoring Specialists and performing workload management strategy execution in management’s absence
· Participate in projects related process improvement initiatives for the AML Monitoring team
What you have:
· Minimum of 12 months in the AML Compliance Monitoring
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the brokerage, bank, and/or AML industries
· Strong working knowledge of AML/BSA policies, regulatory requirements, and trends within the brokerage and bank industries
· Strong understanding of various banking and/or brokerage products
· Strong decision making and organizational skills
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze data with attention to detail and accuracy
· Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving
· Ability to work well under pressure, demonstrate flexibility, and stay motivated in a repetitive work environment
· Excellent PC skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, internet navigation, and case management systems
· FINRA Series 99 or 7 Licensing preferred
· Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification – Preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018