San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Daniel Richard Monroe
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Retail Compliance, the Vice President of Retail Compliance Testing and Monitoring is a senior leadership position with full oversight of the implementation of an annual testing plan designed to test the effectiveness of the applicable Compliance Programs of CS&Co. and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory (SPCIA). This individual will also oversee the Compliance disclosure and surveillance for CS&Co. employees and other associated persons. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and maintaining a center of excellence for testing, reviewing and surveilling within both the broker dealer and the retail investment advisor space.
- Ensuring the right controls and risk monitoring and mitigations are in place, are operating effectively and meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Influencing the strategic direction of the retail testing compliance programs while providing leadership to the compliance organization and managing the process of implementation and oversight of a comprehensive and evolved compliance testing program.
- Mitigating losses related to regulatory fines, as well as in mitigating the reputational risk associated with regulatory action.
- Partnering with the CCO, Corporate Risk and Corporate Compliance Leadership, and with senior business leadership of CS&Co. and SPCIA in order to establish and execute firm-wide compliance program standards applicable to Schwab’s retail businesses.
- Regular interaction with senior management to establish risk parameters and to build consensus on strategic and tactical risk mitigation components.
- Serving as a regulatory advocate for the Programs within various industry organizations.
- A minimum of 10 years in a compliance or regulatory leadership position in a diversified financial services environment, ideally with experience in leading efforts in testing, monitoring, and surveillance.
- Solutions and results-oriented leader who takes the initiative and effectively distills strategy, analytics, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through to execution.
- Curious and Innovative. Able to proactively synthesize information and develop insights to guide decisions. Able to create a vision aligned with the goals and purpose, demonstrating new thinking and encourage new ideas and creativity among team members.
- An exceptional communicator able to effectively persuade and influence across channels with a purpose and connect with the audience. Ability to interact with and influence senior leaders across Corporate Risk Management , business partners, and cross functional senior leadership through innovative and creative means.
- Builds extremely strong relationships through collaboration across multiple levels of the organization motivating colleagues to get things done effectively; is sought out for counsel and feedback and contributes to cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Purpose driven leader who displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed, including championing ideas, position or dissent.
- Strong influence skills with the ability to shape, define and present a complete and thorough picture of Schwab’s retail r compliance environment including developing thoughtfully-written action plans and clear/regular communication to executive management.
- Proven ability to find a balance in developing programs effectively meeting potentially differing regulatory requirements and expectations while being workable for business partners.
- Leverage strategic and analytical capabilities to make sound, timely decisions based on client and field input supporting and maintaining an effective regulatory environment.
- Relationship-oriented and emotionally mature senior executive leader who manages complex, multi-stakeholder issues with resilience, embraces others’ perspectives and understands the limits to their own points of view.
- Exceptionally client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Licenses 7 and 24 required; 65 or 66 a plus.
- BA/BS degree require―advanced degree preferred.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 65
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018