Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The role of Senior Manager is expected to prioritize, assign and drive a comprehensive roadmap of deliverables. In addition they are expected to have a good grasp of marketplace and client needs and ensure those are being built in product requirements. This role also requires the ability to coach and develop Product Owners, while driving and measuring performance of their employees. It is also imperative to be able to build relationships while balancing the needs of business partners and managing expectations on delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of Product Owners and coach/develop POs as well as provide guidance around navigating the organization and driving consistent execution on projects.
- Develop an overarching strategic roadmap and product plan within the context of competitor’s offerings, critical client needs, pain points and business impact.
- Gather feedback from frontline Schwab staff.
- Prioritize future initiatives based on feasibility, market, client, regulatory and financial impact.
- Document holistic product roadmap plan and socialize it among key stakeholders to ensure understanding and alignment.
- Understand teams capacity, assign work as it comes in via front door and coordinate initial sizing efforts with STS
- Drive Product Owners accountability
- Manage the development and approval of the product investment business case.
- Develop, adapt and convey the product vision to STS management team and business partners
- Participate in product release planning sessions.
- Assist with ordering and grooming the product backlog.
- Guide on what to develop, as well as what not to develop, through direct feedback to POs
- Provide feedback to the development team during the Daily Scrum
- Attend the Scrum team’s Sprint Review
- Accept the completion of user stories as they are demonstrated by the Scrum team
- Lead the definition of product success criteria (cost, quality/scope and time-to-market)
- Manage the development of a comprehensive project plan and project governance process
- Understand ongoing risks, scope trade-offs, timeline impacts and budget impacts to stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Oversee the business implementation process for the new and/or enhanced product.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, lead the assessment of legal, regulatory, financial, service, brand, business conflict and other risks associated with the product’s capabilities. Develop mitigation plans to control known risks. Obtain agreement and sign-off from business and risk management leadership on significant risks and issues.
- As required, engage Legal and the Vendor Management Office (VMO) in evaluating vendor solutions, negotiating and consummating contracts, and other legal agreements with third-party providers.
- Manage POs to lead the assessment of sales, service, trading and tech support impacts including the design of key elements of the sales and service experience. Include incremental resource requirements in project plans and account for the financial impact.
- Monitor efforts to ensure that the operating infrastructure supporting the product is properly organized, documented and deployed.
- Maintain platform/products to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and continued achievement of business goals and objectives.
- In partnership with technology, establish service level agreements that address product scale, availability and performance standards.
- Manage vendor relationships consistent with VMO standards. Regularly assess vendor performance and offerings relative to evolving needs. Influence vendor product roadmaps for Schwab’s benefit.
- Obtain client feedback on enhancements and defects. Manage the process for prioritizing these to maximize business benefits.
- Obtain ongoing adoption and client satisfaction feedback. Use feedback to prioritize future enhancements.
- Capture qualitative and quantitative metrics for defining product performance and success.
What you have:
- Relate organization goals to drive individual project goals and prioritization.
- Manage multiple POs in a volume based environment.
- Ability to set priorities and delegate.
- Holding others accountable for living values
- 3-5 years management experience in a project management based environment. Where you have Coached, developed, and provided feedback to others
- Ability to coach on Agile values and principles
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources (internal, primary and secondary research) and synthesize them to uncover trends that draw out relevant and actionable conclusions.
- Through the understanding of industry trends, internal business drivers and client needs, be able to conceptualize solutions that leverage current technologies.
- Translate needs and business imperatives into product vision and roadmaps for use in setting priorities and guiding the work of the Scrum team(s).
- Have the ability to think and act creatively by stepping outside standard convention and identify potential “out of the box” solutions.
- Apply finely-honed influence management and collaboration skills to orchestrate and maximize the work and deliverables of cross-organization and cross-functional teams assigned to product initiatives.
- Possess the ability to maintain focus and drive results in all business cycles and environments. Demonstrate adaptability when projects need to deviate from original plans or shift direction based on changing needs and priorities.
- Able to collaborate with Marketing, Public Relations and Internal Communications to create compelling product materials and communication.
- Be a great listener – Understand the value of listening to PO and business partners and have the ability to understand the deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed.
- Leadership – Able to garner respect from your POs and Scrum team(s), lead and demonstrate value-add principles, and willing and able to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Attitude of transparency – Desire and ability to bring disclosure and transparency to the Scrum team and grow trust between the business and development.
- Ability to apply a wide variety of patterns and techniques to enable the team to achieve success
- Conflict resolution: Able to facilitate discussion of issues and different approaches and alternatives, and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Fully educated and conversant on the Scrum process according to the Scrum Guide.
- A thorough understanding and appreciation for the Agile values and principles.
- Thorough understanding of:
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Splitting large stories into smaller stories
- Backlog grooming concepts
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Sprint review activities
- Prior experience as a Product Owner on a Scrum team.
- Have led teams as an Agile Product Owner in a large, complex enterprise environment where successful projects potentially involve more than 1 Scrum team.
- Strong grasp of software development and technology.
- Relate organization goals to drive individual project goals and prioritization.
- Prior experience using Jira
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- Driving results through others and managerial work
- Planning and organizing work for others
- Focusing on relationship building with boss, direct reports, and key stakeholders
- Maintaining balance between completing own work and helping others perform effectively
- Being available and approachable to subordinates and setting others up to succeed
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018