Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Risk Analytics team is situated in Corporate Risk Management. The team utilizes third party quantitative models to estimate the potential impact on Schwab’s financial statements resulting from various future economic outcomes.
The Fixed Income Application Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the maintenance, monitoring, and updating the fixed income and asset / liability management infrastructure used by the Risk Analytics team. The incumbent will assist in testing and debugging the system to ensure that it works appropriately and efficiently. He or she will also be responsible for documenting the testing process and the results and communicating with the Charles Schwab’s Model Risk Management team as well as third party vendors. Finally, the engineer will assist in the archival process of version upgrades or patches to ensure backward compatibility.
What you’ll do:
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Test the software and hardware used by Polypaths ALM and AppPort, manage system upgrade and changes, and contribute to the development of firm wide data and system infrastructure.
- Test changes and enhancements to modeling software and provide an analysis of the results.
- Use scripting to test key functionality of the differences observed in software patches and upgrades. Design and construct a server environment to support capital stress testing
- Communicate with third party vendors to understand patches and upgrades of the system.
- Assist in modeling particular balance sheet items either using third party vendor models or in packages such as R.
- Document the model data structure, control process and system migration for model validation and examination.
- Support day to day system functions and troubleshooting problems from Polypaths ALM and AppPort users.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- At least an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably with an emphasis in financial and statistical analysis.
- 2-5 years experience with software development and fixed income analytics; experience with Polypaths analytic products is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with or modeling structured fixed income products is preferred.
- Proficiency with R, R Markdown, and Tableau is desired.
- Experience with the following would be beneficial: JIRA, Bloomberg, Intex, and SQL server.
- The ability to self-manage and work on multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex financial and technical concepts.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018