Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Security Governance and Issue Management team is part of the Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS) department in the Schwab Technology Services (STS) enterprise. The Security Governance and Issue Management (SGIM) team serves as a safeguard to ensure proper governance, oversight and management of security programs and technology issues.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Security Issue Management, the successful candidate will provide issue management services for multiple remediation efforts to the STS organization so as to minimize risk in Schwab’s technical environments. The candidate will ensure IT Security issues are addressed successfully and on schedule while providing a good customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Support staff engaged in the issue management process by providing process orientation and Archer eGRC tool training.
- Understand the details of new issues and associated remediation plans well enough to minimize problems caused by knowledge gaps.
- Work with Remediation Plan owners to capture remediation plan details including key milestones, metrics, and deliverables.
- Track remediation progress and ensure status updates are current.
- Perform remediation health assessments and escalate health issues as needed.
- Capture, validate and then provide remediation closure evidence to auditors, regulators and Governance Boards for review and approval.
- Prepare clear and accurate issue management metrics and reports that are informational, actionable, and appropriate for the audience.
- Analyze issue management data and workflow to identify process bottlenecks, data integrity issues and data cleanup needs.Update Archer eGRC, as necessary, to properly reflect issue management status.
- Understand, document and maintain issue management procedures and training material.
What you have:
- 5+ years of Information Systems/Computer Science technical education/experience
- 2 + years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion with minimum oversight
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through execution and effective communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to inform and persuade technicians and managers both orally and in writing
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, strong initiative, self-starter, self-directed, ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with business and technical staff and management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Clear understanding of the roles of policies, standards and procedures within an IT organization.
- Archer eGRC hands-on experience
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance systems and processes
- Familiarity with IT Security issue management processes
- Good understanding of information security principles, best practices or security technologies.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Purpose Driven: Makes decisions that are aligned with “Through Clients’ Eyes” philosophy
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Committed to Excellence: Sets ever increasing standards for performance, holding self and others accountable
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018