Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Michelle Lynn Huber
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The primary objective of Trading Solutions is to create a mutually beneficial partnership with our enterprise partners. Trading Solutions assists in qualifying and closing Schwab Trading Services client and prospect business development opportunities. In addition, the team will act as a resource for specific trading products and services such as StreetSmart Edge, StreetSmart Edge in the Cloud, StreetSmart.com, advertising and marketing campaigns. Trading Solutions is responsible for growing and retaining Active Trader market share at Schwab by providing client focused solutions and education that deepens client relationships. Trading Solutions has Regional Managers in 16 major trading markets who work closely with their local branches, clients and prospects. In addition, the team has optionsXpress dual registered sales representatives.
What you’ll do:
Good knowledge of Schwab’s trading products, platforms, and a broader understanding of competitive offerings is essential ingredients for success. Proven sales track record in the financial services industry is a must. Candidates must be able to have engaged, needs-based conversations with clients/prospects related to equities, options/futures trading, and provide value-oriented solutions. They also must be able to recognize the broader needs of traders and partner with other business segments and local branch partners to gain a better understanding of the trader’s whole financial services relationship. Team
members will also be called upon to attend live education events/ national trade shows to provide demonstrations and educate clients on trading technology and the options markets. Interested parties must be self-motivated, adaptable to quick changes from inbound to outbound focus, and have the ability to build relationships across various Schwab groups. Candidates will be accountable; goal-oriented, and deliver outstanding productivity and personal sales results. Success will be measured by new engaged clients brought to the firm.
What you have:
- 5-7 years financial services industry experience is required
- 3+ years prior selling experience in financial services/products area is preferred
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses are required
- NFA Series 3 license (Futures) or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Strong sales aptitude with proven productivity track record and history of success
- Must have demonstrated success in proactive outbound calling sales environment with ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Competitive and results-oriented
- Ability to negotiate effectively with high value clients
- Good knowledge of technical analysis, advanced trading strategies, active trader products/services/software, and the equity/option markets
- Knowledge of the active trading/options competitive landscape and a good understanding of the needs of active traders
- Proficiency in coordinating with internal and branch business partners to drive results
- Ability to identify and manage risk in the account opening process
- Ability to travel occasionally to support active trader client events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with CRM tools (Salesforce) and MARS (for internal applicants)
- Bachelor’s degree is required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 3, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018